Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salbado

Outer Marker Audio Signal

Guest Salbado

I know that you have to now turn on the audio signal if you want the Outer Market Aural Warning to beep in FS2K2. Unfortunately, it is a mouse click on the 737 radio stack. I would like to connect this function to a switch but I don't see any FS2002 Control Commands (Dowson Docs) for the OM Audio.The Idents for VOR,ADF, DME are all there but no OM. Does anybody know the Control Number or Name for this function and has anyone set it up on a switch to an audio panel. I am using Hagstrom exculsively for toggles, pushbuttons and AML's. Key to Mouse won't work if you kill the panel so that won't be a good solution. Any advice?Thanks.SAL

Hi!I don't know if this will help but http://www.avsim.com/bluesideup/ has a Tutorial on Marker lights for epic though, but I'm sure Ray (LawnDart)would know! Also Steve_J in the Epic Forum gave me this advice, you probably heard of it but I haven't even got my Epic cards yet and need them before I can try it. (It doesn't need Epic to work, it seems Kick @$$). FS Communicator at http://www.flightsimulator.at/ Well, I hope this gets you there, I too have a question about getting the three Marker lights to light in my cockpit when I fly over them. Again this will all be answered when I have the epic cards to try out. (8-|

I'm pretty sure FSUIPC has a setting for this.. *checking*This is straight from the FSUIPC programming document, so it most likely exists on the FSUIPC configuration dialog where you can assign keystrokes as well.For FSBus I would use that H3122 hex value for the "address" but if you use a keystroke, then you can just assign it on the FSUIPC config dialog. It is a lot easier to play with. I just havent added the radio audio control panel yet to my cockpit.HEX: 3122 SIZE: 1Radio audio switches (FS2002 only). Read/write bit settings as follows:2^7 COM1 transmit2^6 COM2 transmit2^5 COM receive both2^4 NAV1 sound2^3 NAV2 ound2^2 Marker sound2^1 DME sound2^0 ADF sound FS2002: OkHere's a screenshot of the actual FSUIPC dialog where the stuff is written in less technical way (no offsets etc) and where you can simply assign a keystroke (or joystick button thereof) to any of these functions. For a keystroke you most likely want to use the "toggle" if you make a momentary switch. The right side of the dialog is not important in the screenshot below, it is another key definition I have.Tuomas

and there is no print screen button. Thanks for your time.

Guest Salbado

Thanks Tigert...It is now hooked up to my OBS Audio Switch and working just fine...I guess I missed the FSUIPC function. Again thanks.