Sign in to follow this  

How can I shut down eng 1 and leave engine 2 running?

Can somebody tell me a way of shutting down engine 1 or 2 and leave the other running?I currently am simulating an A320 AIRBUS in my cockpit.. and when i go into FS assignments to set each engine i have only 1 "set mixture to rich" and that automatically chooses both at the same time.I am looking to simulate "engine failure" every once in awhile and when i shut down engine 1 or 2 they both quit. I am using keyboard emulation for just this(seperate hacked board)I currently have 1 toggle for "select item"(eng 1/eng 2)and then i have a toggle for each engine for the mixture rich and a engine start button for each engine also.Any tips on how to get around this problem?When i bring up notepad to see what keys are assigned and where "mixture rich" is assigned to both toggles .(1 for each engine)I thought by selecting item toggle (engine 1 or 2)it would affect just that engine....but apparently not.Any way of beating the system on this?Thanks for any tips/ideas!James

Guest RichardL

Hey James,I don't have FS running right now, but have you looked at the Button assignments section in the latest FSUIPC?I use the Keyboard section to control the ATC menu. I'm sure the Button section has assignments to switch each engines fuel On and Off.Richard

Guest RichardL

Ok, you made me curious so I started up MSFS. In the FSUIPC Keys section, there are two controls that might work. Toggle Engine X Failure (where X is the engine number from 1-4).Toggle Fuel Valve EngX (where X is the engine number from 1-4).Richard

HiHave a look into pete dowson's doc about the controls you have in fs2k2. They are on www.schiratti.comRead them carefullyAfter this you knew all there is to make changes to all kinds of stuff ( not in the fs2k2 assignment menu).You have to assign the following controls:MIXTURE1_LEAN=MIXTURE2_LEAN=If you use these you wil see that the fuelcut off valves move on the throttlequdrant off jets.If you do not want to see thes move if you simulate a failure there are several alternates:TOGGLE_ENGINE1_FAILURE=TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1=after the equal sign comes the buttoncode from the hacked keyboard.ofcourse you can do this too via FSUIPC, but I do it this wayOn my site you will also find much information about keyboard emulation.good luckhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Guest Salbado

I think you and I are about in the same development phase. I too am having problems keeping Engine 1 seperated from Engine 2 commands. I think the only choice is to use the FSUIPC KEYS function...assign Mixture or Lean 1 & 2 and work with the individual inputs. Do you agree?Sal

I finally figured out a way using FSUIPIC button assignments.I assigned each toggle to 'richen mixture" for each engine and am using only 1 toggle to "lean"out engine 1 or 2.This toggle is a 2 way .This way i can now "cut out" either engine when i want to have a failure under my control.With a little of rewiring and assigning...it works great!Thanks for the suggestions guys!!James