Sign in to follow this  

Has any one heard of this?

Guest PANTU

Hi there,yes, got one myself. It works nicely and infact you can easily map complex keyboard commands to each switch. It sells for around 200

Thanks for the reply however im not sure what you mean by it lacks on functionalities like for instance delay between key down and key up... can you give me an example? Im new to this home building...Ryan

Guest PANTU

Hi Ryan,with lack of functionalities I meant the fact, that e.g. 767 PIC (Wilco

Hi Peter,Ic what you mean... how does ITRA compared with hagstroms functionalities? Im studying the FSbus... too bad it doesnt have an english doc... can i contact you through email if i have questions regarding FSbus?Thanks againRyan

Hi Peter, How's your sim? are you running the sim all by FSbus? I am a bit confuse on FSbus... for example... how can you program the PIC micro? can i expand the number of inputs? lastly how can i view the pcb files? maybe i can get somebody to do the pcbs for me... and about the ITRA, im interested with it coz it has large amount of inputs (256keys), can FS2002 read the keys without the delay functionalities? can i press or switch keys simultaneosly? Thanks Ryan

Guest PANTU

Hi Ryan,the FSBus Com board has a built in Flash programmer for the PICs (16F84 one chip uC)and the flasher SW (built into FSBus router software) comes with a menu selection to choose which function you want to flash (program): a keyboard encoder, or LED output board, or a 7segment display controller, etc.Each controller can be given a unique individual address from 1 to 32.1 keyboard encoder can handle up to 64 keys, regardless whether on / off, toggle or just edge triggered. 1 LED output board has 32 LED outputs.So with 32 addresses and several boards you can easily operate and display anything within FS provided you have access thru FSUIPC.The pcb files are in postscript format (xxxx.ps)and can be viewed by "ghostscript" for instance. They are in 1:1 size ready for pcb board production. But be aware as the writing on the board is not mirrored, but the layout is. Before making the board make sure the layout it is copied in the right way (writing mirrored). Had made that mistake once and my board was finally mirrored and unusable.All keys can be closed at the same time without preventing the keybard encoder to stop recognizing other keys. (I

HiWhy does everybody use the KE72 hagstrom encoder. It can handle 72 individual switches according to their website.The KE24 can also be used in a matrix. so 12 x 12 = 144 switches and it is a cheaper device.Has anybody experience withe the KE24?Norbert Bosch

Hi Peter,FSbus does not require a double sided pcb right? ok i think i can make the pcb by myself... but the prob is i dont know where the components are place... i have to trace it... do you happen to have pictures of your pcbs with components in them?ThanksRyan

Guest PANTU

Hi Ryan,attached please find as example the FSCOM layout, as it is included in the FSBus manual.Best rgdsPeter

Hey Peter,I will be working on all the pcbs except for the AD converter board... wht can u do with FSbus servo? auto throttle? or can i use the FSbus stepper? ThanksRyan

Guest PANTU

Hi Ryan,the servo board is to control ordinary RC model servos. Using these you could build your own analogue instruments.With the stepper motor one could realize an AT.Will complete asap the layouts with the component values. Meanwhile you could get the boards etched and drilled.Best rgds Peter

>Hi Ryan, >>the servo board is to control ordinary RC model servos. >Using these you could build your own analogue instruments.You could do crazy things too. What I was thinking once, half serious, would be to get a "speed controller" for RC electric car or planes. That is basically a electric motor speed controller that interfaces like a regular servo.Now get some air vent tube, route those to your "air vents" on the cockpit, put a rather powerful fan on the other end that is being controlled by the servo. Then map "airspeed" to the fan RPM.I havent done that, but the effect could actually be pretty interesting. All small cues like that usually "fool" your senses into the feeling of immersion. Plus it should be nice on hot summer days anyway.."Tower, requesting immediate takeoff, it's frigging hot in here!" ;-)>Will complete asap the layouts with the component values. >Meanwhile you could get the boards etched and drilled. Our FSBUS site has photos of completed FSBUS boards, those are helpful as well:http://mikkila.remec.fi/data/fsbus/mikkila...scaled_1024.jpgThe above is the COM-card and a key/switch card.Also a parts list: http://mikkila.remec.fi/fsbus/doc/parts_e.phpThough that does not cover all the possible modules. But might be useful anyway.Tuomas