Sign in to follow this  

Flap Lever

Hi guysHere is a couple pictures of a simple flap lever I designed.It can be easily customised for any aircraft, flaps will go to the setting selected and it only used the equivlent of 2 joystick buttons.(pictures are of it disassembled so you can see the mechanics.)

Nice construction, and very interesting switches. The micro-switch wheel construction makes the switch only active in one direction, am I right? Thanks for posting. Roland

Where did ya get the switches? marvelous IdeaDon Harrison

Thats right, the switches operate with a flip wheel and only actuate in one direction. They the can be purchased from any decent electronicsupplier, they are the smallest I could find with the flip wheel.Microswitch TM. and Omron make them, the ones used here are an Omron #Z-15GW2277-B7-K and sells for about $20.00 ea.Floyd

Guest seev_39

Hi All,Nice solution Laserit,For almost a month I try to find a mechanical solution to the UP/DN two switch problem of the flap mechanism, and Laserit got it. One question; do you have a double or multi switch effect if shifting the lever too slow? I mean, activating one flap degree but getting two or more degrees because the switch is activated too long while pressed by the notch.Another thing, if I wish to get a seperate 5 v. LED lit for every flap degree, can I use the switches for both LED and controller. I think it is possible but I am afraid to try because of the additional current that might go into the 15 pin cable. Can someone tell me how the circuit is done.Seev

Hi SeevYou can not get a double or multi switch effect as long as you have your repeat setting off, The only thing you could could mess up is if for instance you were shifting the flaps dn and right where the cam lobe activates the switch you reversed the direction of the flap lever (just a tiny amount before the opposite switch activates)and then reversed direction again to continue flap dn you could throw the timing out which you could easily fix with the keyboard controls.Floyd

Floyd, That's marvelous idea.. Is that a 737 flap leveler? Actually my idea was almost same as your but the problem is I could not find any hollow/squared type bar like you have at any hardwares stores. Any idea where I could find them?