Sign in to follow this  

Airbus cockpit update pict

Hi everyone,I put up this picture of my cockpit to show anyone who might be interested in seeing my progress so far.I want to thank everyone who had spent the time to answer some of my questions and helped in resolving my project issues.If it werent for your tips,ideas,and just plain conversations with other people I certainly would not have gotten this far.So once again thankyou for all your help and I hope I too can contribute something to help someone!By the way my project started out and I am trying to keep it looking like an Airbus 320.Some gauges and items arn't exact..but what the heck! JamesYour comments are very much welcome!

wow, its looking very good. The only thing thats off a bit is the yoke.Just a few questions though:Was it hard to make the glareshield and how was it made?Did you have to sacrifice a computer for exclusive FS use?and what kind of screen are you using?thanks,

Yes, I know the yoke is "off" but i am in the process of looking for a decent one,more realistic..Precision Flight controls has a nice jet style yoke...but hopefully soon,i will acquire what i want.As for the glare shield its made of plywood overhanging my front panel.On the top i have a sheet of..thin,hardboard material(peg board)Im sorry,the name of it wont come to mind..but its strong and flexible to a slight degree.The screen that im rear projecting on is 7 x 5 sheet i acquired on the net.Cost= $200 and i made a light frame on top and bottom and created a slight arch so it somewhat curves around the front of the cockpit.http://www.gi-info.com/projscreen.htmlBest investment for front view if your projecting!Thanks for writing...if i can help on anymore questions regarding my setup let me know..James

Guest Salbado

I am very interested in your projection system as it appears form your post that you have a very large and true fidelity panorama of the runway environment. Where is your projector placed and how far in Inches? My projector will be in back of me and hitting a mirror before hitting the screen and the total "throw" will be about 9 ft. I suspect that you have your projector in front of you projecting onto your screen from the rear. Lastly, which screen did you purchase from Gerrits?regrards.Sal

My projector screen stands 10 ft in front of my projector.My screen is directly in front approx 5 ft from my sitting position.I too had my first projector behind me..but the space i had avaible to work with and getting shadows from my head..etc..made me decide to rear project instead.My projector allows me to flip the image so the view is correct.The screen material i chose was the "OPTITRANS 1:20 GAIN".Its very soft and pliable like a shower curtain.No hot spots from my LCD shwing "bright" spots.Best investment yet!yet cheap enough!Let me know how you make out.By the way..i believe the salesmans name is John.Very knowledgableEmail if you would likelineman55@comcast.netRegardsJames

hi linemanthat looks so awesome! geez i wish i had the time, money and room to construct something like that!but i am sure with 5 years i may be on to somethingi like your cockpit very much:-wave

Thankyou for the compliment!It does take some money to get where im at now..but the biggest exspense was the projector.($1300)2 computers $1000. w/video cards Lots of ram!! togetherAquired monitors for freeAerosoft MCP and GO-FLIGHT products approx $800All homemade items,panels/glare/framing consoleCH YOKE/PEDALS $230.Project Magenta softwaremisc electrical items..pots/switches/wiring/buttons...and lots of patience and info from this great forum!!!Keep at it and dont hesitate to ask questions here.Lots of very informative individuals!!Good luck!RegardsJames