Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

Radio Stack

Guest seev_39

Hi Guys,I am a newcomer to this forum and I have a question regarding the radio stack problem. I have built my own desktop panels, including three GoFlight modules (an excellent product) that cover most of the AP functions. Actually I can fly and land without touching the keyboard/mouse. A 3 axis, 4 button home made controller, plus the joystick, cover most of the other normal functions.Now, the real nuisance is the radio functions. Thanks God and MS the COM channels change by themselves. The only thing I, poor old armchair flyer, have to do is switch between ground and tower by pressing a number on the keyboard

Yes, you can build your own radio stack. You'll need LED displays, rotary switches/encoders, push-button switches, etc. and something to interface them with such as FSBus (www.fsbus.de). So, it can be done provided you have some electronics experience (soldering, etching PCBs) and the time to build it.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

>Tuning NAV1, NAV2 and ADF is a >different story. It drives me crazy. In many addon aircraft >you have to have real tricky fingers and super sharp eyes to >change the channels (those "D..." + - mouse clicks). >GoFlight has a module for radio too, gf-166, that covers >those functions too, but unfortunately only one at a time, >therefore you need at least three of them if you want to >have the complete NAV, ADF part of the radio stack. Which GoFlight modules do you have? I've got one GF45 and two GF-P8 and I can control all radios (including Xpndr), all autopilot controls plus a handful of other things. You certainly don't need multiple GF-166's, although it would be nice!Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

Guest seev_39

Hi KeithThanks>Which GoFlight modules do you have? I've got one GF45 and >two GF-P8 and I can control all radios (including Xpndr), >all autopilot controls plus a handful of other things. You >certainly don't need multiple GF-166's, although it would be >nice! >>Keith. I got one gf-45, one gf-p8 and one gf-t8The gf-45 and gf-p8 are dedicated to AP.It is true that I can configure the units for COMM or NAV but only from outside fs2002. This mean I have to save the flight, exit fs2002, re-configure GoFlight and enter again into fs2002 to where I left my flight. What I wish (or dream) to have is a normal radio stack, in addition to the AP with at least the two NAV's and the ADF.Or is there a way to switch the gf-45 from AP to COMM or NAV within fs2002?Seev

If you have a pf-8, you can change the gf-45 function in FS. I You can even assign a scroll button, so in A/P mode,with each keypress it will scroll thru A/P functions...--jeff

Hi Norbert,I visited your pages a little while ago. You did a good job getting everything wired to a keyboard controller. The filler gauges were a nice touch too. Going to add some servo-based gauges in the future?Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator

Guest seev_39

Hi Jeff,>If you have a pf-8, you can change the gf-45 function in FS

Hey Seev,Go into your GOFLIGHT configure software and choose your p8 unit and then assign a button in the listing looking for" GF-45 next".This will allow you to change through all of your coms/nav by pushing that same button.That will free up your other buttons for other functions if you need more.RegardsJames

Guest seev_39

>Hey Seev, >Go into your GOFLIGHT configure software and choose your p8 >unit and then assign a button in the listing looking for" >GF-45 next". >James Hi JamesMany thanks, it solved the problem and saved me a lot of money, because I was near giving up and buying more hardware. Now my gf-45 serves both as A/P and COM module (all functions, including ADF and Xpndr). Funny thing is that I could not figure it out myself (shame on me). I read all the help sections and did not see what you obviously saw. Also in reviews I read on GoFlight products no one mentioned this "next" thing which actually makes the module much better than advertised.Thank again James, good flyingSeev

Also in reviews I read on GoFlight products no one >mentioned this "next" thing which actually makes the module >much better than advertised. >You might also want to allocate a button for 'Previous function'. This is like the 'Next' button, only it scrolls back - saves a lot of button pushing!Keith....Wherever you go, there you are...

Guest seev_39

Hi Keith,>You might also want to allocate a button for 'Previous >function'. This is like the 'Next' button, only it scrolls >back - saves a lot of button pushing! Yeh, now I know that. Anyway, in order to save a button for another function I configured the gf-p8/45, for the time being, with only the "next" function. Final decision after a few hours in the air.Many thanks to all of you. It is a great forum.Seev