Sign in to follow this  

Scource for potentiometers and gears

Hello, I have searched for a good scource of slide or liniar motion pots and either they are the real cheap kind($.50 to $1.50) or the real expensive kind ($300.00+). Another snag I've run into is that most suppliers wont put prices on their web site. Can anyone point me to a good supplier of 100K slide/liniar motion pots that has prices listed with them? Also, there have been a few projects here that use gears in thier throttle quads. Can anyone post a good scource of good plastic gears?This would be greatly appreciated.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I've been searching too until one of the nice guys in this forum pointed me out to http://www.conrad.com/They look very good and have prices on their products.They have a nice range of gears and even ready gearboxes with ration 1:3. Only problem is, I haven't been able to locate any Pots in their componets catalog!!!Good luck!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest Stephan Haas

George,for slide potmeters 100K linear:partnumbers: 44 14 65 (Euro: 2.04)44 28 52 (Euro: 30,33)for "round" ones (also 100K, linear)partnumbers:42 42 00 (Euro: 4,09)44 56 90 (Euro: 1,38)You'll have to order over a certain minimum (pricewise), and you'll have to pay handling and postage of course.Kind regards,Stephan Haas

Guest MikePowell

Mouser www.mouser.com and Digi-Key www.digikey.com both sell slide pots. All Electronics www.allelectronics.com is a surplus store that also carries some.All Electronics has a small number of plastic gears as well.You will find a much better selection of gears at ServoLink, www.servolink.com . An even broader selection is to be had at Small Parts, www.smallparts.com , though the prices are higher.There are a number of other links to electronics and mechanical suppliers on the links page on my site.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

All the info is greatly appreciated.Thanks,Stephen