Sign in to follow this  

COLD/DARK START QUESTION FOR AIRBUS

Hi everyone,Just a quick question,in regards to a cold/dark cockpit startup.I have saved my situation in my aircraft with it shut down..but i canstill can hear a sort of high whine sound in the cockpit.Does anyone know what is causing this? or is somrthing still on that i can shutdown?What i am looking for is a way to start the Airbus and hearing sounds start when i activate whatever is making this sound.Any suggestions?RegardsJames

Could be an air conditioner (depending on what SFX you Airbus has in the panel .cfg file). Try looking in that .cfg file (open it with notepad or similar) and see what sounds are listed, then try playing the wav files listed (with real player or media player or whatever). That should enable you to identify what the sound is and why it is playing in FS.Happy listening!

Guest Salbado

Hi James...Yeah I get that too...I thought it was the outside the cockpit noise...planes coming and going. Let me know what you find.

I believe its the air-conditioner that im hearing but i have no way ofgetting it to turn on/off.This is a project airbus aircraft.I can not find any other way in FS2002 OR FSUIPC either.I also tried other FS aircraft and their panels dont have an availability to turn off thisitem.Im afraid if I move on to a more sophisticated aircraft with detailed panels I might end up creating a whole new load of switches and buttons!Im at the point right now where i would rather fly than get into a "building mode" just to get this little option to work for me.Does anyone have or know of an excellent Airbus where I can "have a cold/dark start"? if i choose to?RegardsJames