Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

FSBUS In English?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Has anyone translated the main documentation of FSBUS into English yet? And if so, where can I find the translation?Looking at FSBUS and reading what's available in their english website, it looks very interesting and I would love to get involved by making my own MCP, FMC and radio controls (no room for full cockpit).Thanks.George DorkofikisAthens, GreecePS. No money for ready solutions as well! :-(

Guest dirkan

Hello George,the translation is in progress. The version 1.4 will bring much simplification in configuration of the fsuipc interface. I decided to make it ready before the english doc. A second event is the upcoming cebit in Hannover, it causes a lot of work in company, so fsbus is a bit in delay.Regards Dirk

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Great news Dirk!Thank you very much.Please do keep us informed of further news!Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Dirk,I'm in the process of ordering some pcb's for fsbus (you've probably seen a couple of posts on here about it. Anyway, will there be any compatibility issues between 1.3 and 1.4?? I don't want to get all the pcb's done to find that 1.4 doesn't work properly with them!! :-)Many thanksChris

>Dirk, >>I'm in the process of ordering some pcb's for fsbus (you've >probably seen a couple of posts on here about it. Anyway, >will there be any compatibility issues between 1.3 and 1.4?? >I don't want to get all the pcb's done to find that 1.4 >doesn't work properly with them!! :-) >>>Many thanks >>Chris Whatever you do *make sure* the pcb's are not being mirrored on production. *** The text on the postscript files *needs* to be mirrored on the actual finished PCB's as far as I know *** just like Dirk says on the documentation - his program that generates the postscript apparently outputs it the other way around.I know you probably will use those Gerber files, but in any case, make sure, since we have had a few guys make a bunch to find out they need to make another few since they got done the wrong way around..Tuomas

Guest dirkan

Hello,Tuomas words about mirroring is true. My pcb software (Sprint Layout) is nice and simple pcb's can be made in a few hours, but it doesn't mirror the text. I warned about this on download site, but who ever reads this.About compatibility: i have no plans to change existing hardware layouts, because they simply do their work.regards Dirk

Can I confirm then, that the gerber format files are the right way round? I don't need to instruct the pcb manufacturer to mirror them?FYI, I've had quite a bit of interest in the boards, there are currently 6 of us for whom I will be ordering a total of 44 boards!!One guy has 2 com cards, 5 keys and 4 led cards!!I look forward to the english translation, but I'm sure until then we will have much fun trying to figure it out!!! :-)Chris

Hi All,Here in Brazil we have already 10 coleagues that want to build FSBUS hardware, but we have difficulties in making the PCBs. Does any one are making them in quantities? If so, would you please contact me to see if it is possible to make 10 more sets of them to us?Thanks, Alcides Barbosa.

What would it cost for 1 Com card, 1 key card, and 1 display card. They would have to be shipped to US (New York).