Sign in to follow this  
Guest vortovor

WOWWW!!!.....check this site!!

Guest mondriver

your site huh?!Very nice !

Guest vortovor

nope friend of my

Very nice! But as a real world professional pilot I have one comment...I know we all like to dream, but in this day and age, if you are going to post pictures on the web, could we not do it while wearing a pilots shirt, neck-tie, and shoulder boards? Just to illustrate my point, there is a discussion about this site (and others) at Flightinfo. I added my two cents worth about some not being able to follow there dreams (David LehKamp) but unfortunately, many of my 'contemporaries' in the industry apparently are rather short sighted. Instead of seeing the creativeness, hard work and dedication that have gone into putting a sim like this together, they are instead focusing on the fact that someone appears be spending a considerable amount of time and money trying to "impersonate" a professional pilot. :-outta

Guest vortovor

reacting on this is in my opinion more silly than that guy!...comeon get a life!....and uhhhh "Impersonate"?...what are you doing here on this forum as a Real Life Pilot?...hahahaha

Guest LeoL

Yikes, I own a WWII A2 Flight Jacket...lesson to me not to wear it while standing next to my sim and post it on a forum. LoL gawd forbid Chuck Yeager should be browsing the forums... :-lol Although I had a chuckle at the uniform I think he was just being facetious by wearing it. That did not prevent me from being in complete awe of his simulator. I guess I'm too much "geek" and not enough "pilot"!Cheers,-Leo

edited for spelllingJust read the thread on forums.flightinfo.com. Though I really think the guy on the original link has gone a tad too far with the uniform, I really hope they're not acting arrogant like that on a flight deck. Then I'm really scared. Matter of fact it makes me sad to see this kind of despising comments.Regards

>edited for spellling >>Just read the thread on forums.flightinfo.com. Though I >really think the guy on the original link has gone a tad too >far with the uniform, I really hope they're not acting >arrogant like that on a flight deck. Then I'm really scared. >Matter of fact it makes me sad to see this kind of despising >comments. >>Regards I do not mirror any of the opinions of posters in the thread at the other forum. In fact, before 9/11, that forum used to be one of the best sources of information on the ins and outs in the aviation transportation industry. Unfortunately many of the participants there are seeing years of hard work, dedicated service, and possibly there financial future (retirement funds) go down the drain as their companies continue to lose money or move closer to ceasing operations (United & US Airways). Lately, more often than not, the tone of the threads is such that it is better to 'lurk' in the shadows than to risk the rath of the group by offering a discenting opinion.

Guest LeoL

I guess the irony is lost on them. Grown men, all professionals...making fun of someone for the clothes he wears? Sounds like a bunch of teenagers to me!As much as I empathize with their situation, I think their reaction is really rather sad.-Leo

I do understand the troublesome situation at hand for all the staff at carriers world round. I think all of us (in the western world at least) are facing the aftermath of 9/11, some more and some less, but in one way or another. Still there is no gain in getting down on other people, especially people we don't know or have even met. Well.... anyway... This thread seems a little off topic now... ;-) It's good to know there are people like you, certainly that's the majority, who has a sane perspective on things next time I cross the pond. Now back to the sim pit planning...lolLove, peace and understanding :-beerchug