Sign in to follow this  

I would like to use a Desktop & Notebook How???

I have an extra laptop. I thought it might work ok if I used it in conjunction with my 20" monitor. Has anyone else configured something like this? I was thinking of using the laptop as the Panel and the monitor for the outside view. What application should I use? I am assuming that WideView is the answer but I would like to hear from others.This would just be the begining of the learning process in creating my first home simulator.Thanks,Chris

If I remember correctly, using Wideview, the gauge panel must be on the master (i.e. server). You'd then set up your desktop machine to be a client to display the outside view.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Peter,After doing additional research you are correct. I am not sure why Wideview no longer supports what I am trying to do. It sure would be nice. I am currently working with 2 monitors on a single pc. In the future I may use laptops for Project Magenta.Thanks,Chris

Guest JTWhite

Good morning:I use wideview (1 server, 2 clients) and the way I handle the panel (I fly helicopters) is to put a second video card in the server PC, and connect it to an old 15-inch monitor I had. I then undock the 2D panel and move it over to the second monitor. Works great.You could use WideFS to run any third part software, such as FSNav, on your laptop.Hope this helps.

Oh, since you have two monitors, you can continue to put your panels on the second monitor, as JTWhite mentioned, to get them off the outside view because panels don't use that much power. Wideview is really for more external views. If you use Project Magenta on client PCs, then you'll be using WideFS to get the FSUIPC data to those machines.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator