Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scandinavian

What to do !

Guest Scandinavian

Hi Gent'sI'm in planning phase of my A321 cockpit, just ordered A320 panels (main + glareshield) from Peter Cos.What should i go for regarding electronic (epic/fsbus.....others), my ambitions is to build a full scale flightdeck with as much as possible, and i don't want to start all over again if i failed on the initial phase.This might be a very open quistion, but lets split solutions into 2 ways, the "easy" one buying hardware as complete as it's possible, the hard way building from scratch.I know to read schematic and soldering, and through my work as aircraft technician i'll be able to obtain real data how things works.Also if you have any usefull link pls help me getting started.ThanksFlemming Jansen

Guest MikePowell

Hello Flemming,A topic that you might want to factor into your deliberations is software. The build-the-hardware-from-scratch is a lot of fun, as well as being less expensive, but will require some custom coding. If you cannot program or do not have access to someone who can help you, your overall progress will be slow.Having said that, even if you do have to learn some programming, it's still quite doable. I am not a software type by formal training, but have had a lot of fun learning and have managed to interface a home built instrument to MSFS.Have you looked at TekWorx/FDS from Flight Deck Solutions?I have posted a fair amount about interfacing on my web site. You may find that of value.Also take a look at Roland van Roy's write up "DIY Cockpit" which is posted in the Avsim library.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest Scandinavian

HiThanks for the feedback Mike.TekWorx/FDS looks great, if I read it right therewill be a limitations of 70 inputs !, is that a "problem"for a fullsize A321 cockpit ?.Maybe a silly quistion for y expert, but i would really doit right the first time.FlemmingReal Aviation pictures :http://home.online.no/~fl-j/Welcome.html

Guest Scandinavian

HiGot some private email regarding TekWorx/FDS which says the interface will be able to handle more than 70 inputs.Just want to share it with you, Thanks for helping me out there.BrgdsFlemming Jansen

Guest MikePowell

Thanks for the update, Flemming. I look forward to seeing pictures of your progress on your website, which by the way, is very nice. Some very beautiful scenery you fly above. I am envious.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com