Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve_j

MCDU almost finished!

Guest steve_j

Hi!I just wanted to show you a picture of our almost finished Airbus A320 MCDU. This part is totally CNC milled and will be soon available together with buttons and circuit board.For more details check our website: www.a320flightdeck.comregards,steve ---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

Guest mondriver

Hi SteveWoW !!!!Excellent work....!?!Could I ask what sort of material you made this with, and how did you get the colour so well matched?Do you have a CNC machine yourselves, or did you have this made for you?Fantastic work.....keep us updated with your progressRegardsNick

Guest steve_j

Hi!Thanks!We have a CNC machine ourselves and will provide the home cockpit builder community with Airbus panels, that will be as real as it gets. Stay tuned for further parts!The answer to your first question can only tell you Chris, who made the part actually. I will inform him to take a look at this thread.regards,steve---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

Hi Nick!Thanks for the nice words :-)Well, the material I made it of is a kind of Plexi, which is 10mm thick.The color is out of the NCS color code.Well, I will post a few more pictures next week, when I will have the part completely finished. The buttons will be made out of the same material and each of them will be CNC engraved. The backlighting of the MCDU is integrated in the part. Here we use special foils instead of LEDs.More Infos will follow soon on our website. :-)Best wishesChris*** Visit us www.A320FlightDeck.com ***