Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cpt_Simoty

737NG Flight Deck Project

Guest Cpt_Simoty

Hey guys, Ive decided to embark on this project at last after thought.Please could someone give me a hand with the Flight deck dimensions for the 737NG?Also is it possible not to hooked up on all the programming side? EPIC etc? Can the flight deck not have keyboards linked in to the software? I intend to buy a 737 UBS throttle. And I think I can get a UBS FMC set up and MCP also and for that matter a EFIS. So where would all the tech programming come in?Any feedback would be great!Simon

Guest raflyer

Hi,E-mail me with what measurements you would like and i'll see what I can do for you.Rob

I too am building a B737 (no website for progress yet, still in the cardboard stage)...Found an awesome set of cockpit construction guidelines for panels. If you build in inches, all you need is a measurement converter.For the overhead, try:www.simpits.org/database/graphics/737-800_panels/737_overhd_B.jpg (1.80 mB)For the glareshield, try:www.simpits.org/database/graphics/737-800_panels/737_front_B.jpg (1.55 mB)For the pedestal, try:www.simpits.org/database/graphics/737-800_panels/737_pedest1_B.jpg (1.22 mB)Seems to be down right now, but it's been pretty reliable. It has scales across the top and bottom in cm for your measurements. Hope you can go from there. I'm certainly not too far.The files are, of course, in JPG format, but are some 1.

Greetings Slider:The links to the files wouldn't work. Are they located in the Avsim downloads section? If not, maybe you could provide the web address?Thankyou,Tom

Guest Cpt_Simoty

Hey guys!Thank you for that link! Most helpful!Tell me which keyboard encoder do you use? Im trying to work out the best one, am I understanding correct that the sim parts plug into a piece of hardware which is connected to the keyboard socket? How can USB play a part?All help would be greatSimonOnce again thanks!

>Hey guys! >>Thank you for that link! Most helpful! >>Tell me which keyboard encoder do you use? Im trying to work >out the best one, am I understanding correct that the sim >parts plug into a piece of hardware which is connected to >the keyboard socket? How can USB play a part?Several ways:1. old keyboard sacrificed - drawbacks are that you need extra electronics to have it support toggle switches and rotaries etc.2. Hagstr

Guest Cpt_Simoty

Thank you once again! That was perfect for what i needed to know! For the structure of the flight deck ill be making the wooden layout and then using the front NOVA panels from FDS to finish the touch off. I will then look at the control side of life I think.Once again many thanks for your helpSimon

Guest guda

The files do not exist any more.Could you send me this picture.Thank you.foutoir@online.fr

Guest Ramsberg

Hi Rob!Im quite interested too, so why not post them here on the forum instead of keeping the dimensions secret in mails :-) This way we can refer to this thread in the future, and give a direct answer.Measurements Im interested in for the 737NG flightdeck:Distances in height;floor <-> lower main panel:floor <-> MCP front:floor <-> front of forward overhead panel:floor <-> back if forward overhead panel:floor <-> front of aft overhead panel:floor <-> back of aft overhead panel:meaning for example that the distance:(floor <-> front of forward overhead panel) - (floor <-> MCP front) = vertical spacing between the roof and the panel.Length distances;firewall (in front of your toes) <-> flightdeck door:firewall <-> wall behind right pilot seat:firewall <-> back of center pedestal:firewall <-> lower part of main panel:Width dimensions;Floor;width at flightdeck door:width at circuit breaker panel behind right seat:witdh at front of the seats :witdh at main panel:Roof;width of forward overhead panel; at front, in front of landing lights etc: at front, behind landing lights etc: at the back if the panel:Angles;main panel tilt angle:CDUs and EICAS2 tilt angle:forward overhead panel tilt angle:aft overhead panel tilt angle:Depth dimensions;depth from MCP to main panel:All i can think of right now... anything else?Fill in what you can, add whats missing, and I'll collect them into a clean, understandable message to refer to in the future.Cheers!/ Olle