Sign in to follow this  

FSBUS question....

Is there any English manual/directions?If I understand corect the postcript files don't need to be mirrored while the gerber need to be mirrored?Anyone to give me an approximate cost estimation.......Thanks in advanceTassos

I too am looking for an english translation of the manual. If I can get it translated, I'll let you know! Where you asking about the cost of getting boards made? I am currently waiting to hear how much to get them etched and supplied with components for me to assemble. If I can find enough interest, I might be able to persuade my source to make the finished boards. These would be professionally done, since my source is actually a PCB manufacturer. Any interested, let me know.

Count me in too - I am looking for the manual in English and a reasonably-priced U.S.-based source for the boards!Dave

Yea you can count me too if the price is reasonable.What timeframe we are talking about?Tassos

im making the boards myself... i can get the price per board... email me if you have questions...Ryan run@info.com.ph

I haven't gotten a quote yet on the boards, but they are being made by a professional board builder. Will post here when I have more info.

Guest RichardL

Wonderful idea. I too would be interested in what you find out. Is your board builder located in the US or Europe? Richard

Guest Ramsberg

I am translating the manual right now... will probably be done in a week or 2... Work,work,work/ Olle Ramsberg

Perhaps once you get it translated Olle, you could see if Dirk Anderseck could put a link to it on his FSBus site. That would be helpful to the rest of us and free you of be emailed repeatedly to send it to individuals.I was trying to get it translated, but, the only one that I knew that could translate was computer illerate. A direct translation doesn't work very well unless you can read it and understand the content.Please, please please keep us posted.Many thanks

Guest RichardL

Wrenchca,No news yet from your board builder? Anyone know if FSBUS Key Controller supports mechnical rotary encoders? I read conflicting info on the website.Richard

>Wrenchca, >>No news yet from your board builder? >>Anyone know if FSBUS Key Controller supports mechnical >rotary encoders? I read conflicting info on the website. It supports knitter-switch.com ones (the non-phase-shifted) and also normal rotary switches (that rotate freely, give some light surgery with some suitable sharp tool after opening the switch.. )The rotary switches need to have 4,8,12... positions since it is wired in series of four, so that you wire every 4th pin together - giving you a continuous pulse of 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 when rotating clockwise, and 4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1 when counter-clockwise. FSBUS then figures out the turn direction from this.It also supports BCD-coded switches I think.But not phase-shifted encoders. Only those that have isolated pulses (pulse on pin A, B is silent, and vice versa)One can probably do some circuitry to incorporate the phase-shifted ones into fsbus as well, but I'd probably go with the BCD/rotary switch route instead. Those work well, I use them in my radio, even hacked the one concentric thing from two cheap rotary switches. You have seen the pic, but I'll just link to it anyway. http://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuff/knobs5.pnghttp://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuff/radioknobs.jpgAlso a pic showing the fun spaghetti wiring: :-)http://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuf...-magnetos3.jpegTuomas

RichardL,No, I haven't any news yet from my board builder.:-( It was one of those "When you get a chance, could you??" deals. I"ll be checking in with him this weekend though. Will let you know as soon as I have info.