Sign in to follow this  

FSBUS question....

Guest RichardL

Wrenchca,Hate to be a nuisance, but any word from your friend on the FSBUS units?Richard

By the looks of it, I should have etched boards this weekend. Unfortunately, his operation has gone past the prototyping stage and cannot accomodate the type of components used in this design. He would have to totally redesign the board for doing the complete assembly. That being said, he has the negatives for all of the FSBUS projects except the servo and stepper.I have asked him if he could give me a price on each board and will post when I have it.

Guest andrewluck

I have the Protocol document translated and I'm working on main FSBUS COM III manual at the moment. Both are currently in OpenOffice.org format. I'll upload them later today and put a link here.The COM manual is still in very rough form but at least you have the words even if they're not in the right order :-)Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest RichardL

What in the world is OpenOffice.org, and how will we view and print the manual?Richard

Guest andrewluck

OpenOffice.org is a free replacement for MS Office. It runs on Windows, Linux and Solaris. Their website is http://www.openoffice.org and in it's current version is a very capable product (and it's FREE, or did I already mention that :-)).I'll see if I can find someway to publish to pdf but it's going to slow me down a bit while I have a look.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest RichardL

Hi Andrew,Don't let me slow things up. I want to see that FSBUS document.If the software is free great. Maybe the pdf file would be nice sometime in the future. Thanks,Richard

Guest andrewluck

I've uploaded the protocol document to a website so that you can get to it. This is just a temporary arrangementAddress is http://mysite.freeserve.com/Littlebeck/Files/protocol.sxwI've also done an export to MS Word format, same location but .doc instead of .sxw. Can't promise what the formatting will look like in that one though.I've uploaded a very rough fsbus.sxw to the same place. There's a whole load still to do with this one though so I haven't got it into Word format yet.Hope these are useful.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest cadum

Hi Andrew,The doc file doesn't seem to work fine. There is any converter for the sxw format to doc or another commmon format ? It's hard to me to download the OpenOffice since I have a 56k connection.Thanks !Cadu

Guest andrewluck

Just tried out the MSWORD file protocol.doc on another PC and it opens fine in Word 2000. Some of the formatting is lost but it's a readable document, which is my initial aim.I've now added some links on the front page of the site so access now is via http://mysite.freeserve.com/LittlebeckThe FSBUS document is fairly large so I'll do some more work on that before uploading as a Word file.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest cadum

Hi,It works great ! I was facing some troubles opening the files but I realized that the problem was on my office installation.Thanks a lot !

Guest RichardL

Wrenchca,Any pricing news on the FSBUS pc board?Richard