Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dodiano

Regarding 767PIC and interfacing....

Guest Dodiano

Ok so for my cockpit project I

Guest Ramsberg

Hmm, tricky...With no experience whatsoever from 767PIC i share my thoughts:Possible solutions:1. The "stick to PIC" solution:To what degree is there an I/O interface to PIC? Can you check with Wilco? If not, try to explain the vast possibilities and advantages to them if there was. If they see a benefit in putting in the work, they maybe do it in a future patch.2. The "abandon PIC" solution:If you really want a fully working overhead panel, why not try to look for a software that can do that?. Ive given that some thought, and im planning to put a working overhead panel in "mysim1.5" (mysim1.0 will not have that, first things first) My approach is to use FSUIPC, widefs and a homewritten Python script. (python is an interpreting, object oriented language which is quite easy to learn and use. Check out www.python.org)The script program will do all the logic and commands of the overhead panel and communicate them to the sim to the sim from a separate computer.Example:Lets say that the plane yuo use in the simulator is great, but doesn't have it all... Lets say no APU: The script in this case simulate the APU function, listens for the "APU start" command (EPIC/FSBUS interfaced to the computer?), check if there is fuel supplied (fuel pumps on, valves open)(also simulated by the script) and if so play a APU spinup sound, wait a few seconds and then turn the electrical systems on in the simulator via fsuipc...Am I on to someting?/ Olle RamsbergPS. Why python? Why not C/C++?Easy, python is easy to learn, everyone can lean to write a python program in notime. Its scalable, fully object oriented. It has few boundaries, can use builtin C/C++ and Java function calls whenever you want. DS.

Guest Dodiano

Thanks for the response my friend sounds very interesting what you propose, ywah it would be the best solution I guess but then again PIC has everything proggrammed in it is just a matter of extracting stuff... Then again Wade said the new version of PIC will have the abilitty to send info through FSUIPC which I think is amazing if this is not the case, what is the possibillitty to make all the logics of the overhead panels for PIC using the

Guest Dodiano

Thanks that post made me really happy having access to PIC internal variables and large Bitmaps, and 2 very fast and powerfull computers should be able to run a cockpit my guess, dying to see the new version of PIC take care.Roberto