Sign in to follow this  

Interior parts

Hi all;Just a question about getting some interior parts.Where is a good resource for airliner cabin parts, such as interior panels, overheads, et.I haven't been able to locate any on the internet.Thanks;Steve Christensen

Guest MikePowell

Hi, Steve,If you're talking about the front office cabin, go to http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/links_1.htm and scroll down to "Panels, back lit". If you're referring to the passenger cabin, try searching for "aircraft salvage". Companies like Barnstormers and Air Salvage International part out aircraft.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Mike;Thanks for the reply. I stopped by your site and was impressed with the amount of knowledge.Thanks again;Steve Christensen

Or you can try Flight Deck Solutions, at www.flightdecksolutions.com.... I've already bought B777 style center pedestal(radio stack) . It sure look real, and it comes with resonable price. I love em.

>Hi all; >Just a question about getting some interior parts. >Where is a good resource for airliner cabin parts, such as >interior panels, overheads, et. >I haven't been able to locate any on the internet. I guess one could do them from cardboard and laminate some paper strips ripped from a newspaper on top of it, with layers of glue in between. (the stuff you use to put your wallpapers on the walls with)As a kid we used to do all kinds of theatre masks with that technique, so it is pretty useful method for making complex shapes that do not need to be extremely strong (you have the main structure in place anyway that holds the thing together)Once you have the basic shape done, use some filler putty to smoothen it out and finish with sandpaper treatment and paint. Sure, a bit of work, but I think might work out pretty OK.Balsa is another good material, even those two combined might work - thin balsa sheets for flat surfaces, and the papier-mache-laminate stuff to do shapes on top of it. Then some filler and primer and paint and it looks as good as anything. I guess the best method depends on what kind of objects you need to do.Tuomas