Sign in to follow this  

Assignment question

I set up a prototype GA panel (radios and AP) and I used 4 knitter switches for com1, com2, nav1, nav2 and 4 stby push buttons.Now my problem is that I did not realize that I need a different rotary for whole numbers and different for decimals , so I ended using the com1 for whole numbers com ,com2 for com decimals etc.What I wanted to ask is if there is a way to toggle between com1/com2 , nav1/nav2?Thanks in advance Tassos

>I set up a prototype GA panel (radios and AP) and I used 4 >knitter switches for com1, com2, nav1, nav2 and 4 stby push >buttons. >Now my problem is that I did not realize that I need a >different rotary for whole numbers and different for >decimals , so I ended using the com1 for whole numbers com >,com2 for com decimals etc. >What I wanted to ask is if there is a way to toggle between >com1/com2 , nav1/nav2? >Thanks in advance >Tassos You can do it with one rotary as well. There's a special "function" in fsuipc for that - I think it was something like COM1_FRAC_INC_SOMETHING where the something I forget, but you can see it from the FSUIPC config dialog's list - it basically controls the decimals part, but it also adds or subtracts the whole MHz if you "roll over" the decimal part. So if the rotary has enough detents it is usable. So depending on how you wire your switches, you might be able to use that (it is only available as a keyboard or joystick button input via the dialog, AFAIK not via the API.Tuomas

Tuomas thanks for your reply.I already tried what you suggest but the problem is that the knitter switches that are connected to a hacked USB gamepad and set up by FSUIPC don't seem to respond to every click (detent?) but to every second or third, so to change a whole number with this method takes for ever.I know there is a assignment to cycle through OBS1 OBS2 NAV1 NAV2 COM1 etc but that's very inpractical , so what I am looking for if there is a way to choose between nav1 <>nav2 and com1<>com2.Thanks again Tassos.

Guest kdarling

Tassos,If your switches are coming in as button presses, then you can use FSUIPC logic to determine which control each button hits.You could simply add a new switch, and according to its state decide to have your Knitter "buttons" change the MHz or KHz on the COM/NAV radios.(Or you could use a new button to set FSUIPC variables to cause a logical cycling of MHz/KHz input between radios, but that is more work... and detracts from your original hardware layout.)I can't give an example right now because I'm working, but will try later if you need it and can supply your joystick #s etc.Again, if your gamepad is sending the Knitters in as buttons, look at the advanced FSUIPC docs on conditional button setup in its .cfg file.Kev