Sign in to follow this  

Help for dummies

Guys, I seem to be missing a step here with attempting to use my CH yoke mixture lever for trust reverse on PIC 767.Im trying to build a cockpit for PIC 767, using Goflight Units, Project magenta, for one reason or another I need to have a dedicated thrust reverse, Ive tried to configure the yoke on page 7 of FSUIPC, and it reads that I need to do something to the FS2002 config file.Being almost over the hill (age) I have difficulty in understanding the instructions from FSUIPC.Could some kind soul take pity on this old soldier and give some easy to understand instructions.Thanks guys. Nigel

Guest kdarling

Nigel,Being an old soldier myself, I'll try to help.The docs seem to say that you should (in FS2002) assign the mixture lever to, well, the mixture. Is that done already? The docs say to do this manually... although I'm not sure why it says this, since FS2002 lets you assign the mixture control to a lever in its menu.Then by default FSUIPC should take the mixture info and use it for reverse thrust.The docs also appear to say that there's a button in the FSUIPC menu to only have this apply to jet aircraft.You should of course make sure the joystick lever is calibrated and set to highest sensitivity in FS2002 (apparently FS can reset the sensitivity, so go back and check it.)What have you tried, exactly, and what did you see?Perhaps others can jump in,Best regards,Kevin

Thanks for the help Kevin.I have tried to assign the mixture leaver on the CH usb yoke to the trust reverse by going to page seven of the joysticks menu in FSUIPC, there is a set key on that page which I have pressed in the mixture lever full back position and also the full forward position! Oh, I had already assigned the Decrease throttle key which of course is set at default as F2 to my mixture lever, I also tried playing around with the sensitivity but the lever will do absolutely nothing.All that said, I can assign the F2 key to a Goflight P8 button and it does give me Reverse thrust, But! as Im using project magenta software, their is a conflict by doing it this way, what happens is when I use the P8 thrust reverse assignment, something happens that PM dosnt like, and as soon as I decrees the throttles and the main gear touches the ground PM goes into Go Around mode!So it seems that the only way I can get away from the keyboard is to get the trust reverses on to the mixture leaver, but nothing Ive tried seems to make it work.What I didn't understand in the FSUIPC advanced users (Reverse's) guide was the bit about adding the controller number assignment to the FS config file, or have I got that bit wrong?Thanks Nigel

Hi there,I just tried to setup the reverse thrust on my CH yoke and I was able to get it to work. I used the middle lever, which I guess is the mixture lever and it works pretty well now. Here's what I did:1. Controls, Assignments, Joystick Axes2. Deleted the Y-Rotation from what ever it was set as and added it to the mixture axis.3. Open FSUIPC.ini in the FS2002/Modules directory4. On the very last line of my config file under the JoystickCalibration section I added ReverserControl=662925. After saving the ini file I went back into FS and went to FSUIPC and then to the 7th page of the joystick section6. Click the Set button for the reverser section7. Now when you move the mixture on the yoke, the numbers should change under the reset button.8. Set the mixture control to "idle" and click the first set button then push it all the way forward and press the second set button.9. Go back into FS and try moving the mixture control all the way forward. You should get reverse thrust. If not, try pressing F1 and then moving the mixture control.10. If you go to the throttle on page 1 of FSUIPC and set the minimum value a little high by moving the throttle forward just until the number changes then you will have a null zone sort of that will let the reverser work without you having to press F1 to reset the throttle. (Hope that made sense :)Let me know if all of that works out for you. I know I've had a lot of trouble trying to get this to work for a while, but hey, now it does.Hope this helps,Spencer