Sign in to follow this  
Guest raflyer

FSBUS USERS

Guest raflyer

Has any one out there have the fsbus FSLED working and progrsmmed that they can help me with mine? I was told the leds are on at all times? I don't understand the theory on this design, does the pc control the ground side? My FSLED will come on sometimes and totally inop at other times and the test program does knothing on it. Thanks for your help. Oh yea, the pic programs fine.Rob

>Has any one out there have the fsbus FSLED working and>progrsmmed that they can help me with mine? I was told the>leds are on at all times? I don't understand the theory on>this design, does the pc control the ground side?The idea is to make it easier to connect the leds the right way around. If you plug it the wrong way, it wont light up. So "all leds on by default" makes it easier to wire them - if all are lit up, then the wiring was correct. You then setup them "inverted" in the software to use them. If they were off by default it would be harder to find the problem if you cant get it to light up.> My FSLED>will come on sometimes and totally inop at other times and the>test program does knothing on it. Thanks for your help. Oh>yea, the pic programs fine.Hmm. Can you tell a bit more, does it work with other cards? With just the LED card connected? Do you have the jumpers in "normal" mode and not in "FLASH" mode? It's hard to even guess without more information.. :-)Tuomas

Guest raflyer

Tuomas,It doesn't matter if anything else is connected, jumpers in normal. I have 5v at 100ohm resistors, ov at TR1-4 base. When it works, I have .625v at the base TR1-4. It's like the pic is not switching the transistors on? Is the ground path thru the resistor side or TR1-4 side? Rob

Guest Glenn Weston

Hi Rob, did you manage to get FSLED to work, I am having very similar problems to you, however I have one row of 16 LEDS lighting but the the rest are off, for me too the test program does nothing & I would have to agree it feels like the PIC is not switching how it should.I can program the PIC OK, I can read it several times & the data looks the same. I have used a 20Mhz PIC 16F84A-20/P maybe this could be the problem or the crystal oscillator is not running.I have not built any other modules yet so there is nothing else connected on the BUS here.Help anyone ? Glenn.

Guest raflyer

Hi Glen,My problems turned out to be the caps that feed the crystal. I installed 33uF and not 33pF as requiered. I got the wrong order so it was still my fault I guess? :) Anyways, installed the correct caps and now everything functions perfect. Since yours is the 20Mhz pic your crystal and caps would be different also, very critical evidently. Never understood why it programmed but wouldn't function? Maybe has something to due with data signal timing. Oh well, it works now. Good Luck,Rob

Guest Glenn Weston

Rob, you wouldn't believe it, I just finished verifying the caps in the oscillator & I have done exactly the the same thing, my caps are marked 333K, the components were picked by the salesman here, However I should have picked it up during the component soldering.I have a funny feeling the the oscillator is not used during programming, I think it may only be used during normal mode for communication synchronisation, however I could be wrong cause I know bugger all about PIC's.Glad to hear you got your's going !Cheers Glenn

Guest raflyer

Cool! Let me know how it turns out. I have my led controlling 3 lights right now. All thru Project Magenta, A/T lamp, F/D lamp, and "Below Glideslope" annuciator. Works well.Rob

Guest Glenn Weston

Rob, It turned out to be the caps, I picked up the correct ones today & stuck em in & she came alive.I had a bit of a play around with the router & setup some gear lock lights, one for the left , one for the right & the nose wheel as FSUIPC outputs values for these.I was most impressed, the lights operate totally independantly of each other & come on as each gear locks in, with up to 0.5 of a second between them, I think they were not allways in the same order too, as you would expect in a real plane.Anyhow I will have to etch the FSkey module now & see what it can do!Cheers Glenn