Sign in to follow this  

FSUIPC and rotaries

I was going Through the FSUIPC advanced users manual and I found this:" Second, you can now program those two-phase type rotary switches, the ones where turning the spindle one way gives pulses on two lines phase shifted one way, and turning the spindle the other way gives the opposite phase relationship."Did anyone tried this? It seems very similar to Kdarling method but it can be made to work with gamepads/joysticks buttons.Tassos

Guest kdarling

Tassos,I couldn't get the FSUIPC rotary method to work. The output was totally unreliable and oscillated between up/down. This is why I had to figure out a different way (and I'm glad I did since I was very limited on available button inputs but had tons of keys available).Now, with all the new information around, I'm thinking that the problem was the limitation of using a RS gameport->USB adapter. (I run FS on a laptop and have to use USB.) Probably using original gameport button inputs, and with FSUIPC's poll interval set very small, it would work. How are your Knitters hooked up?Kev

KevI opened up really 4 cheap USB gamepads (12 buttons each)and I located the buttons that they have common ground and then I solder directlly on the gamepad PCB cables that connect it to the Knitter ie: common cable for ground and a button for increase to pin 1 and another button for decrease to pin 2.After the ajustment with FSUIPC, they work fine.Note that it seems that in the INI when you set the interval the only value that seemed to worked was the 1ms (all the others that I tried 30,20,10 ms made no difference).So far I have 7 knitters and they work fine.Tassos