Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeoL

Updated PIC code for Panasonic Rotaries.

Guest LeoL

To everyone who downloaded my RD-PAN16F code, I've updated the file with a newer version which works much better and fixes a minor false output bug.This version reliably tracks and outputs up to a max of 32 pulses / sec. This setting works best on my device, but if yours can handle more, you can easily change one variable for a faster rate in the code. So if your hardware can handle it, go for it.Here is the link:http://www.vif.com/users/leolacava/misc/ro...c/rd-pan16f.zipFYI - you can sign up on the Microchip website and ask for free samples, up to a max of 3 PICs. However, please guys, do not abuse this privilege...some of us really do use these samples to development new stuff (i.e. ME) and would hate to see Microchip stop giving away free samples!Now, I've got to put these rotaries away and work on something else. I've got blisters on my fingers from testing these little devils! :/Cheers,-Leo

Thanks Leo. Not sure when I'll have a chance to work on these but I've saved it for a future project!Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

I've posted in your other thread:can you please have a look at my question?

Hi Leo,unfortunately my commercial programmer still does not support the 676, maybe it's too new ;)I'm gonna ask you something, hope you don't fire back at me :( :would please make a version of your firmware for eighter the 16f628 or 16f84?

Guest LeoL

> would please make a version of your firmware for eighter the 16f628 or 16f84?You want fries with that...;) I share whatever I can with others to help them with their projects, but I can't start custom tailoring my stuff for everyone who asks. If I did that, I'd never get to work on any of my own projects again. If its stuff I can easily do, then it

Ooops, forgot about this thread :(No problem about the firmware... at least as long as i find the mcus ;)I'm walking just the same street you pointed about about icsp, let's continue on the previous thread ;)

I know this is a very old thread and that Leo is listed as an inactive member, but perhaps someone out there has a copy of the rd-pan16f.zip files for the Rotary Decoder modules.  I came across a number of these boards while organizing my parts bins and would like to put them to use.  I believe that .zip file had the code as well as documentation.

Thanks!

Dave Snyder

Dave,

If you haven't found it yet,just give a couple of days to have look. Not sure what version I had but will check.

Les