Sign in to follow this  
Guest GZR_Frenchy

The wonderful, wonderful Goose

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Thank you!! Thank you!!The Goose works not only to enter the water but will pull right up on the ramp or the beach. It isn't the scenery like I had thought. It is the airplane!!!I have tried to do this for many months by changing my sceneries. With this plane it is a cinch to drive right up the beach. Easiest way to do this is to beach her while controling her from the outside. Watch the airspeed by hitting Shift+Z. Just as the Goose starts to enter the lapping waves area hit the G key and lower the gear. Time it right and it is as smooth as silk.Go to instant replay and it looks just like the real thing. Outstanding!!Frenchy -- out.

Guest Reddog

Hi Frenchy, I haven't got it down as smooth as you I still get a bounce coming ashore but I love that airplane. Mike did a real super job on it and all the repaints and they keep on coming. I like Garry Smiths new reflective paints I just can't get them to work.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/481497.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest GZR_Frenchy

S! Reddog. I have many hundreds and hundreds of hours practicing carrier ops on the Zone with the 335th. We were doing carrier ops back in CFS1, then CFS2. Best we ever did was get six of us on deck in the same session -- live. Fun to taxi and park and then watch your squadron mates take there turn at it. Some shot up from the fracus before landing. But, this is a General Aviation Forum.It is a matter of timing. Just like hitting a carrier deck on the sweet spot.Really made my day. I could grease them into the water but never until this plane could I grease it onto a ramp or up onto shore. One point worth mentioning is that the water depth at the shore line is different everywhere in Fs2002. So maybe it also that I have very carefully chosen where to build a water base. Not sure about that yet. Heck, just did it gracefully for the first time today Frenchy -- out.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,The scarey thing is ... am able do it all the time, just without the practice. (Like a duck ... errr ... goose to water :-lol)

Guest flightpro08

>Like a duck ... errr ... goose to water :-lolRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Whoofffaa. Understand. Us/we CFS2 types have always had to do it the hard way. No instruments, nav aides of any sorts -- well a little. But, shifting the throttles to turn the beasty is a bit of a work out. Worth the effort, I must say. Glad to put it in the "Due Dillegence" of things of merit. Errr, maybe I should go back to CFS2 and see if it works there. The water isn't always as deep and the shore always not as deep/shallow.Must admit -- the Goose is a work of art. Not sure if I said thank you. But, just in case. Yep, thank you. Frenchy -- out.