Sign in to follow this  
Guest petdocvmd

737-700 measurement questions

Guest petdocvmd

Hi Folks,I'm in the planning stages for the construction of a 737-700 flight deck. I'm having a hard time finding information on many height measurements for the cockpit and was hoping people here might be able to help me. Specifically, here are the measurements I need:1. Floor to seat height (i.e. how far one's rear is from the floor - if adjustable then min & max).2. Floor to bottom of the main panel (not the lighting control underhang but the actual panel housing the CRTs).3. Floor to overhead panel.4. Floor to top of center radio pedestal.5. Length of center windshield divider and its angle to a perpendicular.6. Depth of rudder pedal chambers e.g. how far forward from a line flush with the main panel.Thanks for any help you can provide!Scott

Check out http://www.simpits.org/database/graphics/7...737_panel1.htmlIt is for 737-800 but dont those have pretty much the same cockpit accross the "NG" product line anyway..?Click those images on the page and you get pretty big resolution scans with centimeter-rulers on the edges.Dunno if it gives you exact dimensions for the actual cockpit construction, but you can measure certain parts of the cockpit panels, and then compare those parts with the other stuff in photos you find from for example www.airliners.net etc.Also www.simpit.de has some dimensions of airbus and 757/767 which might be useful in the process..Tuomas

Guest petdocvmd

Thank You Tuomas - I have already been to the 737-800 site and indeed it helped a lot for the 2-dimensional measurements. However it's not much help for the VERTICAL ones :(Same is true for the cockpit pix out there - I find none taken from the vantage point of the floor (go figure, huh? ) so heights are all distorted by perspective.No, what I need are numbers taken by physical measurement of the cockpit or previous builders' good guesses that have worked out in practice. If I get no further info I'll just build out of cardboard and use trial and error but hoped I could save some time.Scott>Check out>http://www.simpits.org/database/graphics/7...737_panel1.html>>It is for 737-800 but dont those have pretty much the same>cockpit accross the "NG" product line anyway..?>>Click those images on the page and you get pretty big>resolution scans with centimeter-rulers on the edges.>>Dunno if it gives you exact dimensions for the actual cockpit>construction, but you can measure certain parts of the cockpit>panels, and then compare those parts with the other stuff in>photos you find from for example www.airliners.net etc.>>Also www.simpit.de has some dimensions of airbus and 757/767>which might be useful in the process..>>Tuomas>

Guest MikePowell

Scott,Go over to the cockpit builder's forum on flightsimnetwork.com. Scroll down to "This has to be the best FREEBIE i've ever gotten!!!!!" . The author recently got a 737-100 front cabin section. A polite email to him might get you some measurements. Not the model you're looking for, but should be close as pilots' arms are roughly the same length today as they were back when the '100 came out.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com