Sign in to follow this  
magnusv

what would you do ?

I got two computers.1- P4 1.7Ghz 512Pc2100ddr Gf3-ti200 80gb7200rpm2- Laptop dell inspiron P4M 1.7Ghz 512ddr gf4mx440.My question is what would you do with these two computers ?Right now im just using the laptop to run Activesky when i fly.Anyone got a nice idea of how i can use it when i fly ?

Guest PeterK

From Peter Im running 5 computers on a 10 base hub...The actual flightsim computer has 3 screens and is for the cockpit but becauseof downloads painting and other projects there stored on anothercomputer...Being on the network you can store files and drag them over to the main computer..Doesnt sound like much until you find 1Gig of downloads stored on one computer...Another computer is for the internet and downloading orwhen you fly you can run your email or run airport radarsan such from noaa or other web sites...another has the paint kit fsfs af99 gmax and such...seeing there all on a hub they all talk to each otherso you can move files around...Pete

Guest Dodiano

Make a cockpit with Pic 767 :)Roberto

What do you mean with make a cockpit ?You mean display the panel on two computers ?How should i do that ?

Guest PeterK

PeterK I thought using the other computer to hold the downloadswas a good answer....You can run multiple Video cards on one computer the agp 3d cardruns the main view and add pci cards to the empty slots andin fs2002 unlock the screens and drag them to the other monitors.. His origional question was what to do with the second computer...The cockpit answer was like my kid holding a shovel and asking whatdo i do with it....Start a gravel pit!Humor...pete