Sign in to follow this  
wrenchca

FSBUS Components

I have just received my first PCBs for FSBUS. My source that etched them told me that his operation can supply the boards fully furnished. However, he wanted to know how many of which boards so that he could give an accurate price.Therefore, if there are any individuals who would like to add there names to the list, let me know. It should be stated that any communication of wants or desires is not a contract of sale, nor is there any implied contract to produce components at this time.In two weeks, I shall tally the results from any emails that I receive and submit the total to my supplier. When I have a firm price, I will email the interested parties and we will take it from there.email: wrenchca2000ca@yahoo.com

Can you disclose your source? Can we see some samples of his work? Will he use wave soldering? How does he etch them by hand or does he use a machine? I'd like some made, but I'd like to know who is making them. I got burned last year on a similar deal, This guy was supposed to be doing them after hours at his work place. The boards were supposed to be wave soldered. Turns out the guy did them at home & the soldering was terrible. Out of 5 boards, only one worked. I couldn't get replacements from him or my money back. So you can see why I'm a little spooky.Thanks,Jim Brown

I can understand your caution. I would just as soon not disclose my source at this time, however, he has been in this business for over twenty years. I will make it a point to get a digital picture posted as soon as possible of an example that I have. It is not complete, just etched. I requested this so that I could have the experience of building some boards myself. As far as the wave soldering, that is a definite yes. I walked right past it Saturday when I picked up my boards.For now, if you are interested Jim, add your name to the list. It is not final and not binding. If at anytime you don't like the feel of it, walk. I have known this person for years and have no doubt that the product quality will be excellent.

"tick, tick, tick" Time's almost out!Shortly after my last post, my house got tickled with lightening. The final count was 2 PCs down, a stereo, a high speed modem and my digital camera refuses to work. It was sitting in the cradle recharging at the time. Got the main PC back up, other one isn't worth fixing. Surge protector didn't help at all! I have collected some names and added them to my list and will be submitting a request for a quote later this week. If you want to add your name to the list, there is still time and as mentioned previously, asking to be included is not a contract.wrenchca2000ca@yahoo.com

>I have collected some names and added them to my list and will>be submitting a request for a quote later this week. If you>want to add your name to the list, there is still time and as>mentioned previously, asking to be included is not a>contract.List and quote for what???O disregard, didn't see the rest of the message.Sorry for your hardware :(