Sign in to follow this  

switches

i want to built a keyboard based control for fs2002. can i create a impulse when i use a switch? when the switch is always 'on' then the keyboard-key will be pressed always. and when the switch is back on 'off' there must be again a impulse on button "g" to retract the gear.who can help me?

The 'ideal' answer to this problem would be an Off-(On)-Off switch, but no-one makes such a beasty :-( . There are a couple of ways to do it though. One easy way is with a three position toggle switch, On-On-On. You only wire the center pair, and in use you just go from all the way up to all the way down. As it goes through the center position it will be ON briefly, and send a pulse. The other way, which I've got some bits to try but haven't started on yet, is to make your own Off-(On)-Off switch. My plan for this is to use very small surface mounted pushbutton switches (about 30c each at my local store) and a half of a small plastic disk as an actuator. As the switch is flipped from one position to the other, a 'bump' on the disk squeezes the switch. the switches silicon button provides the 'springiness to keep the switch in it's correct position. Here;s a sketch of my idea - though as I said, I haven't made one yet.

Guest LeoL

Max: I've written a keyboard utility that will allow you to do just that using any joystick button input wired to an on-off toggle switch.You can assign a key for the 'on press' and it will repeat this key as long as your toggle switch remains in the on position. You can also assign a key when the switch is toggled to off 'on release' (i.e. sends a "g" in your case). This 'on release' key will only be sent once.If this is what you're looking for, then click on the logo below and go to my Projects->Software->KB Studio page.-Leo

There are quite a few documents on the subject. What you need is a toggle to momentary action. Search in the How To section on flightsim.com: DIY cockpit controls / Toggle to momentary ,.....Roland

thank you for your fast and nice answer. it really helps me.

Leo:>>You can assign a key for the 'on press' and it will repeat this key as long as your toggle switch remains in the on position. You can also assign a key when the switch is toggled to off 'on release' (i.e. sends a "g" in your case). This 'on release' key will only be sent once.That "repeat" function is a selectable option, isn't it, Leo? Can I assign a switch to send a "g" just once when the toggle is made and then send a "g" just once when it's released? The rest of the time the emulator can ignore the fact that the switch is still closed?Richard

Guest LeoL

Richard said: "That "repeat" function is a selectable option, isn't it, Leo?"Yes it is selectable, double click on it when in "rec" mode.Richard then said: "Can I assign a switch to send a "g" just once when the toggle is made and then send a "g" just once when it's released?"Yes, you can leave either of them blank as well. They can be different key macros too, as in they don't both have to be "g" unless of course that's what you want.-Leo