Sign in to follow this  

Rotary Encoders

Hi all.I don't why I didn't post this earlier. This is the rotary encoder we used in our radio stack. They work great & they only cost $1.29 USD. We get them from Switch Channel in Los Angeles. Their web site is www.switchchannel.com & the ones we used are RE11CT-V1Y12-AF2CS.Any questions, give me a yell. I would post a picture of the stack, but I don't know how.Regards,Jim

Hi Jim, that looks cool. How do you distinguish between clockwise turns and counter clockwise turns?

Guest LeoL

Ken: These are your standard fair dual phase A-B type rotaries. What I like about these is that they have threads on them as opposed to the PCB mount type I have. Makes these allot easier to mount them on panels. Jim: Thanks for this interesting link. Any min quantity required for an order?-Leo

Guest LeoL

I put in my order for 3 Knitter rotaries. Did you? ;)I'm waiting to see how the Knitters behave on my interface module. If they work, then no need for PICs. Trouble is they're hard to get with min order of 20 so we'll see how it goes.-Leo

>I put in my order for 3 Knitter rotaries. Did you? ;)>>I'm waiting to see how the Knitters behave on my interface>module. If they work, then no need for PICs. Trouble is>they're hard to get with min order of 20 so we'll see how it>goes.>>-LeoNo, i prefer to try use my already bought encoders ;)And anyway, the knitters should do exactly what an encoder+your circuit do, so no problem should arouse.Ciao

Ken, our software is hard coded to increase the frequency by 1 when the encoder is turned to the right & to decrement by 1 when turned to the left. When the upper limit of the Mhz is reached & the encoder is turned to the right, the freq reverts to the lowest Mhz. Same with 25 Khz. Leo, no mininum buy. He prefers to bill you as opposed to a credit card.Ours has a push button function. We just turn the knob to set the MHZ freq & push the knob in & turn to set the 25KHZ. They work great.If someone cuold help me post a picture, I'd show our radio stack.Jim

Guest kdarling

Jim,When you click "reply", look at the Attachment section at the bottom of the reply box. See "Click here to choose your attachments". Your pics will be uploaded and link(s) put at the end of your message for others to see.Thanks!KevFor example: