Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Thank you to all of you

I shall respond because I have had so many Emails (none bad !)First after some of the Emails i had in the last few weeks are so bad I could not possibly post because of the Bad Language and have been sent quiet a few virus one that caused a delete of some system files so I lost everything on my computer and had to start again a few weeks ago ,It said it was a gift from a "fellow simmer"So i thought it was a utility for flight sim somebody was making And also some body wanted me to die?The complaints i get are not As bad as these emails ,so i naturally delete any not nice emails as they arrived.If I was to publish these emails I feel I would become more attacked than ever ,and in the fact that all these things happened after i made my email address public ,there is No way I would ever give anybody my real address of my home on the internet ,so if Avsim becomes a closed site ,I will be Out side for sure .Secondly I have been So suprised by the responce to my post about closure ,I truly did not expect this and it made me feel that I am, as many people said making the good people suffer with the actions of not so nice people and for me to do this makes me Bad I think.So I have been really trying to find a solution so I can keep my new friends here and also have a nice time also and Although thinking is not my Best Tool :) I Have decided to paint for me and My friends and not paint for people I do not know .It is not a kind way for me to be and I am sorry for this but Strangers can seem nice then turn when things do not go the way they like .I realise that Avsim make a "buddy"list and I can now see what this is for, so I will add all the nice people to my List as I discover them and if they want a repaint For themselves then I will be safe knowing they are not going to hurt me .I am sorry to have wasted all your time trying to work all this out but when you are in this position it is impossible to do it on your own ,and some of the best people I have known, Have come forward and acted like a familly to help me and for this I am SO gratefull I feel I can see A way around to Doing what I love with the people I love.Thank you to Avsim and the Familly of Avsim For All what you have said to me over this matter ,and Mike where is the 757 :(Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Alpha,Now, I will sleep better tonight knowning you are back...thank you. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsFlight Sim Alpha Family Member. Robert...Sweden Calling

Vl3MQY.png

Bonsoir Anniette :-)I think I am allowed to say 'thank you' for your kind response on behalf of all your friends and all 'friendly simmers' here on AVSIM (that's well over 5000 today :-) ).I am especially glad that you will not stop doing what you like doing, no matter if you publish work or not. We all have only 1 life and we should make the best of it, indulge in what we are good at and enjoy that.Keep your chin up and glad you will be around ! :-waveAmicalement,Francois :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

AnnietteDon't be sorry. I'm sure everyone is more than happy to help whenever each of us is in trouble.... I'm happy you changed your mind... these turnip heads are not worth it. Keep going and don't give up. There are many people who love what you do. Just think about that and forget about the bad stuff.have fun:-)Pete

Hey Anniette,I have been so busy I have not been able to post for awhile. PLEASE, PLEASE stay....oh, wait you just said you would. Avsim without Anniette would be.....ummm....vsim!!! And the same with Heather, you both have added so much enjoyment to this hobby I can't remember when this hobbie or obsession as it may seem now, has been more enjoyable!!! THANK YOU!!! And you can safely add me to your buddy list if you wish, it would be a priviledge!! And I mean that!!Take care and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask!!Jayhttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Any chance of adding me to your buddy list?Actually I have no particular repaint requests except that I'd love to see you repaint one of my aircraft...perhaps the DC-10 that I just finished.

Hello :)Did ya get my A300B4? It's virus-free :D

Anniette,I have not ever responded to you but have read some of your emails lately about your problems. I am sorry for your troubles and thanks for staying around. If you dont stay around then the bad guys win! I must be honest, your email brought a happy tear to both eyes. RegardsBobG

She's gonna stay...she's gonna stay :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1I know what you've been going thru Anniette, as I'm sure you know. Since I get some of the same stuff, but apparently not quite so abusive. I guess its because these vermin think you are an easy target because you are female. Disgusting! :-bangBut I'm glad you were able to sort it out so that you can continue doing that which you do so well. That is, painting airplanes, and spreading happiness at Avsim. :-waveMike Stone

Guest Scott Campbell

Anniette,I'm glad you're not giving up on what you love because of the idiots.Doing what you could for everyone just goes to the saying: "No good deed goes unpunished." But if you stick with what you want to do, and either people can take it or leave it, then good for you.Maybe some day these macho morons will figure out women are in the world and are capable of doing things well without guys telling them what to do.I applaud your strength and your tenacity and your beautiful work.As an aside, I rarely get e-mails, positive or negative, about my stuff because I do what I do because I do it for myself - and no other reason. Although I've added features others have suggested, I made ACLoader for my own use. And I have not added features I have no need for. ;-)Moral of the story: Do what you want for you and we'll all enjoy (guaranteed). ;-)

Guest Edam

Anniette is unassuming, unpretentious, and true. Maybe that was a little redundant, but what you see is what you get. She is a ray of sunshine. For her to receive negative e-mail messages is unfathomable to me, and you gotta love all those x's that she leaves with each message. (and I'm not one to give out gratuitous compliments.)

Guest CharlesH

Anniette,I am glad your back. I do appreciate all of your efforts in painting those planes. Do what you want and we will all enjoy it. I am very sorry that you received those dirty emails. I am glad you will stay around.I also admire your strenght in all this mess. I know it was not easy. I am very much looking forward to what every do you. Thanks again,Most kind regards to you and your family.CharlesH

Guest JonP01

Scott,I totally agree with that philosophy you have there. On the face of it some (and I guess we can imagine who those "some" might be) may call it selfish, but of course that is the last thing any freeware developer is. What little freeware I have produced is based around this concept. I produce it to enhance my simming experience. Only then do I decide if it meets the remainig criteria, viz: a) that it is good enough for other people to use; :( they would actually want to use it; c) it doesn't require support as such because that is also uncessarily time consuming especially when you don't receive a cent for it.I was only recently talking to the developer I am working for at the moment with some Australian scenery. During one of our many checking phases I said to him that I hope he didn't think I was being overly critical, paranoid or pedantic by pointing out all the tiny little things that I still felt I needed to fix. I then went on to say that the last thing I wanted were complaints from the users. He was a little surprised by this last comment. I then told him what my perception was of the freeware user community. I basically told him that I thought an unreasonable minority of them were, infact especially critical, paranoid and pedantic!! In suport of this I told him you only need to see some of the posts that come up on the various websites from these particular users in relation to freeware.I guess Anniette seems to have copped the rough end of the stick in this instance. I would venture to suggest that at least some small part of the motivation behind the abuse is a deep seated jealousy stemming from the fact that she is female, and a highly competent developer. As ridiculous, baseless, antiquated and psychologically unsound this jealousy is, I am sure there are still a number of male individuals who still have trouble coming to terms that a female is capable of doing something better than them. A much respected person I used to work with had a very appropriate term for this affliction, but I best not mention it here.These sorts of episodes only go to prove that talent, motivation, time and selflessness are not enough tools in the freeware developer's arsenal. Add to that a thick skin and a personal support network. Let's not forget however that these sorts of cases are not restricted to freeware developers and are certainly not restricted to one particular sex. Payware developers are in the same situation as well. The fact that someone is remunerated for their work is also no excuse for the type of behaviour that has been reported.

Guest flightpro08

Anniette,First of all, let me start by saying how happy I am to hear you're going to continue your great work here in out community. You're contributions to this flightsim community can never be replaced, as you're truely one of a kind. Your repaints and aircraft projects are some of the best freeware stuff I have in my hangar, and I fly them as much as possible.Not many people could handle the abuse you've suffered these past few weeks. Not many people would be as bold as you where and just come and and say 'I've had enough of this ****' But, as I said earlier, you're one of a kind and you battled through the bad times. Anniette, you're one of the nicest people in this community, and no matter what anybody else tells you, always remember that. People may flame you and send you Viruses, but nobdy can ever change your kind, helpful personalitly.

WE LOVE YOU ANNIETTE! :-)

Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346