Sign in to follow this  

Projector bought... what to do next?

i have already bought a projector... Benq DS650 1600 lumens native 800x600 DLP projector... can u guys help me what to do with this? should i go for rear projection... what do i need?thnxRyanthe tide is high... and so am i...

Guest PeterK

PeterKYour projector will have a reverse switch on it (hopfully)Basically you can project your reverse view on a white sheetor white plexy glass...or you can shoot over your head onto a wallin normal projection if you have a lack of space... If the projector is your main view using the 3d card you canadd a pci card and svga monitor to the computer so the planespanel can be in the cockpit and a 3rd card and monitor for the radios,gps or other nav panels..Just an idea..Dont know how far your going with the projecthow many computers or software....pete http://home.attbi.com/~fs-boneyard

Guest Mike707

Just a comment on the reverse view. I have used a shower curtain, which is somewhat clear to have the projected image to shine on. This allows me to sit in front of the projected image without casting a shadow and works very well. The shower curtain is easy to work with and very inexpensive (5 dollars US). A projector is one of the best investments you can make to assist in making the Flight Sim experience more immersive. Plus it is great for movies. Hope that helps.

hi mikehow long do the bulbs in these projectors last?i believe they have up to certain amount of hours and once its gone, is it inexpensive to replace it?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>hi mike>>how long do the bulbs in these projectors last?>>i believe they have up to certain amount of hours and once its>gone, is it inexpensive to replace it?>Usually a bulb has a lifetime of 2000hours.It may be shortened by not caring much about it (not planned ventilation, not careful handling, etc).Usually a new bulb goes from 100 to 400 USD

Hello Pete,good idea on white plexi glass... i have a sheet extra here... my projector got a mirror feature so that u can use it for rear projection. im goin to use FSBus with up to 3 computers with one that i could use for my work (real work)hehehe thnx for the help guys...Ryan

Guest PeterK

PeterKOn my job we have some projection screens shooting to frostedglass...looks goot too...to the question sombody asked about the bulbs life span!!!!The Bulbs are running 24/7 to these projection screens which i thinkare panasonic 1400s run about a month & 1/2 and cost $400 each to replace.for home use a 1000 hours is a long time...Its the bumpingwhen running and jolts that kill the bulbs when they are hot...Pete http://home.attbi.com/~fs-boneyard

Guest Mike707

Plexiglas and frosted glass work well for rear view projection. I did forget, however, to state something pretty cool in my previous comment about using a shower curtain. The shower curtain is flexible, which means that you can have a view that wraps around you to some extent. You would need to build a frame or something along these lines to hold the curtain in place and you would need to experiment with the amount of curvature that you can handle as the image will distort if the curtain wraps too much. All in all, this will give you an incredible vantage point with the life-size image that you can sit in front of (with rear projection) as well as some peripheral vision.

HiI am planning along these lines with a rear projection on a curved screen. Eventually I'm thinking more than one projector to get that wide view. I know there's this Keystone(?) function to correct an angle between the projector and the screen. Is there any methods to correct the distortion you'll get towards the outer view limits when projecting on a curved screen?Thanks