Sign in to follow this  
Guest raflyer

FSBUS keyboard command help

Guest raflyer

How is a keyboard command inputed thru the router to send to FS2K2? Say I wanted to send the command ctrl+shift+F1 when I hit a pushbutton. What do enter in the appropriate space in the router?Thanks,Rob

Guest Glenn Weston

Hi Rob, I don't think that is quite how FSkey works, it is not a keyboard emulator, it is an interface to control Values at Offsets in FSUIPC, you need to look at the FSUIPC SDK document to find these offsets, you then allocate a key to send a value to an offset in FSUIPC that you want to control.All the things you need to control will be available in FSUIPC.Hope that helps & please correct me if I'm wrong anyone but thats how I understand it, I have not etched the FSkey Board yet, I have only been playing with the output boards to date, FSled & FSDisplay.Cheers Glenn.

Guest raflyer

>Hi Rob, I don't think that is quite how FSkey works, it is>not a keyboard emulator, it is an interface to control Values>at Offsets in FSUIPC, you need to look at the FSUIPC SDK>document to find these offsets, you then allocate a key to>send a value to an offset in FSUIPC that you want to control.>>All the things you need to control will be available in>FSUIPC.>>Hope that helps & please correct me if I'm wrong anyone but>thats how I understand it, I have not etched the FSkey Board>yet, I have only been playing with the output boards to date,>FSled & FSDisplay.>>Cheers Glenn.Hi Glenn,I'm not talking about the hardware part, i have one made and it functions great! Controls all my lights, starter, etc. What I mean is in the software, under KBD/Mouse tab of the router, you can have fsbus send key commands also. Just not sure how to input the info. Looks like it may be similar to the Hagstrom setup?Rob

Guest Glenn Weston

Rob, Sorry I misunderstood you on that one, What you need to do is run the FSbus Client, allocate it a CID of it's own so the router can address it & you should be away !You will find the FSbus Client in your start menu under FSbus.You need to use FSbus finder to see what the keyboard event command looks like, CTRL+SHFT+F1 looks like this K+VK_F1;K-VK_F1, the finder program is also located on the start menu.Have not played with that one yet either, I understand this client can be run on another PC utilising WideFS say for example you have a PC running Project Magenta & possibly even The main FS PC too, let us know how you go with that one, I would be interested to know.Glenn.

Guest Glenn Weston

Just playing around with it here, my previous post example may be wrong, have a fiddle & see.Glenn.

>Have not played with that one yet either, I understand this>client can be run on another PC utilising WideFSNot exactly: the client of FSBUS just needs a working lan connection.Can't help about using it though, because i never did.