Sign in to follow this  
Guest petdocvmd

Squawkbox/RW via COM panel?

Guest petdocvmd

Hi All,As a long time user of Squawkbox/PC(and now ASRC) with RW voice I am now thinking about how this will integrate into my (hopefully) mouse and keyboard free flight deck.Has anyone designed a system in which selecting the appropriate frequency on the (physical) COM1 radio connects you to the appropriate ATC's Roger Wilco voice channel? Currently I double click the controller in the Squawkbox ATC list and it auto changes the radio frequency (for text) and joins me to the controller's voice room. Can this be done programmatically? I hate the thought of wiring a zillion switches and lights only to have to keep a laptop in the cockpit for the seemingly simple task of talking on the radio :( (although of course there's no avoiding it if the ATC is text only I realize).Thanks for any advice!Scott

Guest Glenn Weston

Hi Scott, there was a little program around that would do exactly as you are describing, select a frequency on the com1 radio & it would deliver you to the appropriate voice room in Rogerwilco, I have tested it & it does work, I have it here somewhere & will dig it up for you..........I beleive that Squawkbox 3.0 when it becomes available will transfer RW in this exact manner but of coarse it has not been released as yet that I know of.Cheers Glenn.

Guest Glenn Weston

Scott, here you go mate, I found a link in the forums to the the only program that I know of that does what you want, I have tested it & it does work, I did find when I downloaded the file it has an ini file that has a parameter in it defining the location of your Roger Wilco installation, the dowloaded version was pointing to drive D: in which case it would error for me as my install of Roger Wilco was on C: so check that once you set it up.Here is the link:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/olly.olly/rwswitch.zipCheers Glenn.

Guest petdocvmd

Thanks, Glenn!

Would also be interested in this programmecheersDave

Guest Glenn Weston

I just came accross a revised version of the program, you can download it from this page:http://www.systemsim.co.ukClick on the switcher downloadCheers Glenn.

Sorry the websites down at the moment if you shoot me a mail at systemsim@ntlworld.com ill email you a copy