Sign in to follow this  
Guest gat12

New Cockpit

Guest gat12

I just recived my first panels from FDS today. Now this is my biggest problem as of now. The base for the MIP to attach to and the monitors to sit on, I have no idea where to start on this. I tried to learn to use a CAD program but...... LOL that wont work.I dont know what angle the MIP is to sit at or even how to attach it to a base? The only thing I can figure out are the easy ones the hight from the floor and the width LOLAny help or suggestions would really be appreciated!!!!Thanks Brian

Guest MikePowell

Brian,You might try looking at other builders' sites. Some have detailed pictures of their construction. The simpit links page on my site should get you started.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders

Brian,ask Peter Cos he'll be happy to assist you...Ryan

Guest gat12

Thanks Mike I have been to your site quite a few times, but doesnt have the info I am looking for. Seems as if the part that no one see is also the part missed during all this info one finds on this hobby. I am waiting on a reply from Peter at FDS, but I have to also try other forms of finding info too. Computers I am ok with, working with wood.... umm well I might as well start a bon fire instead LOLBrian

Guest Lobaeux4

Feel bad for you Brian, I'm the same way. When I finally get around to building my cockpit I'm going to have to have the wife help me out, she's a much better woodworker than I am!Lobaeux

Brian,you might want to look at Peter o. Dickensmanns site at http://www.podsystems.ch/he has a lot of dimensional information in his file section. Thats where I got a lot of inspiration from. I am the same as you - totally left-handed....Have a look at my site too http:///wallentins.com I am building an A340.Erhard in Bangkok

Guest gat12

Erhard Thanks, you have good pics on your site with some good tips too. I'll be looking at it again I am sure. Again thanks. And I have been to Bangkok 13 times over my life, love the place.Brian

Guest AirPanther

What aircraft are you building? The 777 MIP sits at around 18-20 degrees while the glareshield is at about 15 degrees in respect to the MIP. The 747 is significantly less. Maybe 8 degrees for the MIP. These are rough values, but the 777 values worked well for me.Roberthttp://www.777Project.cjb.net

Guest gat12

Hi RobertThanks for the reply. You have built a great sim there.Cant beleive I was stupid and forgot to put what aircraft I was building. Its a 767-300, and a nice guy by the name of Ian got me my measurements. Look at these.http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=16742&page=So on Friday I will start to build finally. And hopefully by Sunday I will have my base done and the MIP and MCP in place :)Brian