Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

add 40 switches to your cockpit/module for 10euro only !

Guest PoRrEkE

LPTswitch software is downloadable ! This is freeware.All you need are the parts to make the interface as you can see it on the pictures on my site. They will cost you something like 10 euro!Off cours all left now is the switches ;)Enjoy !And please if you do use it, send me pictures of how you made the interface + some thoughts/ideas/comments/requests/etc.Cheers

Guest LeoL

Great work! Glad to see you got that VB stuff worked out with the LPT port.Just one question, I haven't looked at the schematic, but couldn't you put the diodes, one on each switch instead? Might make it a little easier to wire it all up.-Leo

Guest PoRrEkE

if you want to solder the diode on the switch each time, sure .. no problem. works the same.i figured my way was easyer for me.the choise is up to the user ;)

Guest PoRrEkE

msg to all LPT-switch users:make sure to download the patch !! there is a big bug which doesn't allow you to use more than one push-button correctly. this has been fixed now.

>msg to all LPT-switch users:>>make sure to download the patch !! there is a big bug which>doesn't allow you to use more than one push-button correctly. >this has been fixed now.Dude, focus on the cockpit building :-) Soon you realize it's LPTSwitch that takes all your free time and the original dream of the cockpit (that you got started so well) never got finished../tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

Dude you should know that the bigges concern I got right now is my PC ;)Big trouble. All of a sudden it just fell out. And I can't re-start it. Tried CMOS clear, no difference. Tried to take everything off, no change. Had a look at the cpu and mobo, nothing burned.I'm getting grey hair here from trying to figure out which component might be causing this.

Guest PoRrEkE

Forgot to mention that for other parts it's not up to me either.FSbus: as long as I got no PCB's .. can't work on that cuz I can't make the PCB's myself.Connecting the switches: here i'm waiting for updated gauges from Espen. No reply from him for the past few months. He promissed me to co

>Dude you should know that the bigges concern I got right now>is my PC ;)Eeek, that stuff is always icky :-/ There's enough tinkering with things on the cockpit part already, one really wishes the PC part just works.I hope you get it fixed quick.As for the LPTSwitch, yea, I was not being fully serious. I just remember the quote from Robert Prather of him not flying a flight with the sim since 2001.. all the time goes to the cockpit building. It's sort of sad, but in a way I can very much understand him, I too enjoy the actual building process, and the problem solving -- when you find a clever solution to something you have been thinking about, it's very satisfying. Just like the LPTSwitch, very neat and cheap thing! Or the "drill through a bolt" Cessna throttles I did..)The project looks interesting though, sounds like a very good way to start on a low budget - worth recommending.Anyway, good luck with the project, it's been very interesting to follow your progress. :-)Tuomas