Sign in to follow this  
Guest jabberthecat

GoFlight - powers off after some flying - unpredicable timing ?

Guest jabberthecat

I have a GF-MCP ( problems started after adding it ),GF-166, GF-P8, GF-T8, GF-LGT, and GF-45 attached toa 8 port Linksys USB hub. I have 1 port open on the hub.The hub is powered.Frequently after some flying the whole rack goes dark. I haveto shut down FS2002 and then pull the power on the hub and reinsertit so that the units light up again.Any ideas? The hub should not be overloaded but it appears that it is?-Thanks MRC

Guest metamarty

This is probably caused by the USB hub shutting down. I have had similar experiences. After a crash, try looking at the windows device manager and find the USB section to see if all your hubs are still listed. USB have internal power management, and since you're using an 8 port hub, it may have decided that the power requirements were too much for the power supply and shut itself down. I am using 3 4-port hubs. The GF-MCP is the most power hungry, so putting this one on a separate hub with yoke and pedals could be enough. If you're rely desparate you can download an evaluation version of USB bus-hound, a software only usb packet sniffer that can catch traffic between the computer and the usb hub. I used it to identify my problems.Bye,Marty

Guest jabberthecat

Thanks, I am giving that a try - I grabbed a 4-port hub frommy other computer and if it works I'll order a replacement.- Myles