Sign in to follow this  

Could those of you using Matrox Parhelia cards....

....let me know how they are working out for you? thanks in advance...--jeff

Hi Jeff,I wondered also,i have heard that there are some issues with the drivers and a bug in FS2002 which show an artifact.The guys fromDeltaflight.com use it in their cockpit and they think its marvellous.I also note that PFC sell a system using it also.On Deltflights web they have a sample video of their sim in action,maybe this can give you an idea.Go to the site and EmailMichael,im sure he will give you an idea.Hope this helps.Best RgdsLes

The main issue with the Pahelia cards and FS2002 together, is that MS chose DirectX 7 API for FS2002. And the DX7 API has a limitation in regards to screen resolution per pipe. This means that you can max get 640x480 per pipe = 1920x480. Witch isn't really good for crisp images.But since COF FS2004 is most likely built on DX8 or 9 API this should not be a problem anymore.BTW X-Plane runs very smooth @ 3072x1024 on the parhelia card.And PM software runs just great as it is, on all 3 displays (pipes) at once.RegardsPeter Skotte

Guest SlimDady

i would assume that the more screens u run it on u cand drop the prformance2 screens = 1/2 fpsso say u get like 30 fps all the time on that card.. u run on a few other screens and u kill your framerate on all of em??I dont know how it works.. but thats what I would guess would happen

Your assumption is wrong. I ran an XVGA 128M card with 2 monitors. What you do is stretch the desktop over the 2 monitors. You now have 2 monitors with one window spread over both. Now you create another window, displaying a different outside view. My framerates dropped from 30 to 24 with everything maxed out. The reason I stopped using that display method is that using 15" LCD flat panel displys with a 1" frame caused a step in the horizon in a turn. Even in a gentle turn, I still had 1" step in the horizon. Go to the wideview forum & checkout Gerard's 3 monitor display with the 256 Parhelia card.Regards,Jim