Sign in to follow this  
LawnDart

Ideas for Autothrottles

My Summer project is going to be assembling a set of 777 autothrottles. The kit from www.flightdecksolutions arrived a few weeks ago and I am looking for ideas from the group as to how to make autothrottles. My wish is to have the throttle levers track the autopilot when Autothrottle - IAS is engaged.Thanks!

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

I am right there with you! I just got mine a few days ago and plan on starting my sim-work in late June. I have been interested in automated autothrottles ever since I made the decision to embark on this obsession.Here is the URL for one fellow simmer who successfully accomplished this idea:http://www.wakayamanet.or.jp/jun/fs/thrust-e.htmlI hope to have a working prototype for the 777 by the end of this summer (time and wife permitting).EDIT: Spelling correction ;-)

You'll need the following:1 A way to sense the throttle's position. (use the sensor already in the throttle)2 A way to read the autothrottle's desires.3 A mechanism to move the throttles either way.4 A program to command 3 based on 1 and 2.