Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeoL

Need info on phased motor instruments.

Guest LeoL

Thanks for the number. Luckily, the local bookstore has an order-it-now-buy-it-if-you-like-it policy. So I will be able to flip through the book before deciding to buy it.Well, I had a AIAA list with lots of marker thick red circles around a bunch of "wish list" books, but I can't seem to find it. It's somewhere round here underneath this pile of spec sheets, books, parts, dust... ;)I bought one from the series long ago and loved the way they it was written. It's called "Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach". At the top of my wish list were a couple of books on jet engine related stuff. I'll see if I can dig it up this weekend when my wife insists that I at least go through the motions of cleaning up my project area. All I remember was that they were very expensive. I haven

Guest LeoL

>BTW: I agree about the Scott T's - heard a rumor they might>not be found in some latest avionics devices... ;)Thomas, you're not becoming a believer now, are you? ;) I give myself 10 to 1 odds I'll get it to work. :-zhelp

Guest TOMCAT

Hello Mike and Leo,that's exactly the problem - these books are horribly expensive. So I can't afford them at the very moment being just a poor little trainee ;) . And I recently also had to buy a car to get to the airport every morning, which - besides being fun to have one after years without - ate up all my savings :-lol . So there's nothing left to spend ;) (O.K. - the very rest is eaten up by my radio-controlled model submarines :-lol ).At our training we pitily don't use any public domain stuff. I've actually heard of some PD titles (some in English, some in German) that might be recommendable but I didn't find the time to check them out yet. And unfortunately at most bookstores the usual German buy-it-if-you-like-it-policy (that I like very much) doesn't apply for English titles that have to be ordered from abroad.Mike, I certainly agree that it is sensible to keep company-related and security-sensitive information classified - but I definitely can't see any sense in classifying unspecific general descriptions of aircraft systems or old Boeing 727 stuff. Don't know when the last 727 left Lufthansa's fleet - but it was definitely long ago before my time with them started. ;)O.K. - enough of the lament here. My point's simply that I still appreciate any information, either websites or books, about aircraft technology in general and particularly avionics. And of course I'm going to share any valuable information that I come across with others who are interested in aircraft technology. Will have a look around in our library if I can find some PD information sources or books. Fall 2003 might be very promising when I'm going to work on real aircraft and will have full access to databases and libraries. Of course no classified stuff at all. Don't wanna lose my nice new job far too soon... ;)Regards Thomas

Guest LeoL

Here's a good one for you. On a Canadian military project I worked on, I was provided with "Classified - Nato Secret" documents that had been declassified by the US some 10 years earlier and likely available on the internet!Is it any wonder that our military vehicles are named after cute fuzzy animals? :-roll-Leo

Guest MikePowell

Well, maybe it's just easier to secure everything.I had a short period of having money, then I had kids.Mike www.mikesflightdeck.com