Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Cutoffs

Hello all. ok here is my problem , I am building a 777 sim and i need to figure out a way to make my fuel cutoff switches on the throttle body actually work . The problem i am having is that there are no key assignments in fs2002to do this. Is there a way to program FS with a new assignment , maybe in notepad or something..alot of people have told me to click on assignments and do it in there However they don't understand me when i am saying that the fuel cutoff isn't even an option in teh assignments .....HELP HELP HELP

Guest PoRrEkE

sure it is .. it's just not named "fuel cutoff"check the default key settings. what is "ctrl+shift+F1" ? isn't that what you're looking for ?

nope.....ctrl shift f1 will turn both cutoffs off....you need to hit E1 then then shift F1...however you cannot turn them back on unless you click them on with the mouse or if you auto start the engines....see the problem ,,,i need to assign ONE key to turn cutoff1 off and ONe key to turn cutoff2 off and visa versa

Guest PoRrEkE

the only way I see round this thing realy is find someone who can make gauges for you with built-in key-combo.but i can't believe that this option is not in fs.did you also check the fsuipc list ?

Guest LeoL

Are you using a toggle type switch for this? If so, then if I understand you correctly, you need to send one key each (cutoff 1 & 2) when you toggle to "on" and a diffrent key each (cuttoff 1& 2) when you toggle to "off". Is this correct?-Leo

Guest MikePowell

FSUIPC is a very useful module that interfaces to MSFS. Among it many functions is the ability to provide an interface to many FS variables. Reading the documentation can be most rewarding. Go to the Project Magenta web site and click on the Peter Dowson link. Down load the FSUIPC docs and spend a while browsing through them.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders.

THANKS ALOT MIKE FOR YOUR INPUT///I WILL CHECK THAT OUT TONIGHT ...

Guest LeoL

Go to my site (click on my logo below) and download Keyboard Studio from my software page under projects.This software will let you assign up to 16 different keyboard keys for "on press" and 16 more for "on release" for any type of button input (toggle switch or push button).You can use any conventional joystick buttons for this (USB and game port). So depending on your throttle setup, it should be able to read those switches.The software is pretty straightforward to use, but if you have any trouble figuring it out, email me and I'll try to help you out.-Leo

The fuel cutt offs are not in the fs2002you need the MIXTUREn_RICH, see the fs2002ctls.docthis line is from the fsuipc for programmers doc.0890 2 Engine 1 Mixture lever, 0