Sign in to follow this  
Guest DannyBoy

Does FS need to be installed on the client PC's?

Guest PeterK

PeterKyou can run fs2002 on one pc with a AGP 3d card...then add 1 , 2or 3 PCI cards/monitors for the instrument panels,radio stack and gps...the screens unlock and drag to these other monitors...You need the other PCs on a network and a hub when you start playingwith the add on software along with fs2002..did this help????pete

Guest DannyBoy

Hi PeteI plan on networking all the PC's together.I am only using 1 monitor for the panel view.What I want to do is have 5 more monitors for the outside views (left, front left, front, front right & right).Will the PC setup's I described in the first post be good enough for 1 PC to run 2 monitors?And does MSFS need to be on all the PC's?Pete, thanks for the help.Danny

Guest PeterK

PeterK Dan i can answer half your question.....Im running a celleron300 with 200meg and in fs200s im running 3 monitors in fs2002the main view is the agp 3d card and the pci monitors are the guage panel and radio stack is on the other monitors,,,,I have no frame rate issuesunless the gps is dragged into the radio stack monitorbut not much... Now im linked to 4 other computers and the modem on a 10/100base hub that are onthe net and do other things butIm not running other software nor multiple versions offs2002....My guess is your going with the magenta stuffor some othe panels but i dont use that in my GA cockpit..pete

Guest DannyBoy

Thanks Guys for the advise.Now I'm off to start my simDanny:-beerchug

Jim if you dont have msfs installed on the clients where do you install the ini,dll files for wideviewand FSUIPC?

Guest kdarling

Okay, let's go into a little more detail here...>One server PC = P4 2.0g, 1gb ram, 80g hard drive, 3D 64mb AGP>video card, 8mb PCI video card, LAN card & modem.>The server will run Windows XP Pro, FS, WidevieW, misc. FS>add-ons, the front outside view & panel.This is okay for the front outside view on the AGP card, and the panel on the PCI card. Only the main video card will have 3D acceleration under FS2002. You could run the WideView and WideFS servers on this machine.>Two client PC's = PIII 1.0g, 512mb ram, 10g hard drive, 3D AGP>64mb video card, 8mb PCI video card, LAN card.>The clients will run Windows XP Pro, WidevieW & 4 outside views.Knowing that only the main video card can have 3D acceleration, you can see that two client PCs can only give you two outside views without bogging down. You would run the WideView and WideFS clients on these.>Does FS have to be installed on all PC