Sign in to follow this  
Guest raflyer

Componet pics and pics of my 737NG cockpit

very nice ! I am building a fighter but sometimes, when I see project like yours, I wonder if I'm going the right way ...

Guest raflyer

>very nice ! I am building a fighter but sometimes, when I see>project like yours, I wonder if I'm going the right way ...I know what you mean! I worked on F-16 a-d's in the AirForce and I wanted to build an f-16 sim but the logistics and price are to high. I know the 737 isn't as excitimg but it's nice on a 3 hour flight to get up and stretch out when you can't in a dogfight. Maybe i'll build one of each! LOL

Guest LeoL

>very nice ! I am building a fighter but sometimes, when I see>project like yours, I wonder if I'm going the right way ...Hey frenchmaverick, we're a minority it seems. Please don't switch to building a commercial airline pit!!! We need more of us so that fighter sim developers will make stuff like SDKs and pretty soon we'll have our own equivalent of FSUIPC for fighter sims. That would be soo great. Yes I know, there's always F4...Anyway, I'm thinking of making a generic type mil cockpit. What's your fighter of choice for your pit?Hey Rob, looking great. Glad to see your progress. Those gaping holes are filling up pretty nicely. You still need to buy 3 or 4 more projectors (and screens) at least, I

Guest MikePowell

Holy Cow!!Now THAT'S what I call PROGRESS!Seems like you just posted the pix of the empty front office being delivered. And now you're flying.You've placed the bar pretty high for the rest of us.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders.

Guest raflyer

>Holy Cow!!>>Now THAT'S what I call PROGRESS!>>Seems like you just posted the pix of the empty front office>being delivered. And now you're flying.>>You've placed the bar pretty high for the rest of us.>>Mike>www.mikesflightdeck.com>Info for simpit builders.Thanks Mike,It helps to have a pretty good understanding wife too! :) I have a baby girl due next week so I set a deadline to have it flying by that time as I know after that it will be limited working time for awhile.I just need to mount a baby seat in now!LOLRob

Guest PeterK

PeterK I started with a cessna 402 cockpit...found myself flying moreP-51s and Citabra's...One night i ripped the whole thing apartand made a fighter cockpit...The 737 looks real industral,, like the real thing....good workpete

Actualy my cockpit will try to be as close as possible as the Euro Fighter one. I will not use it with FAlcon nor Lomac but with FS2002. I will use Project Magenta to feed the MFDs and the HUD and FSBUS for all of the switches and the frequencies displays. My goal is to have fun during an aerobatic session over the Rockies and then perform a CATIII landing in a crowded airport. Here's an example of the first panel I have acquired for it : the COM panel.

Guest raflyer

>Rob,>Please can you say what monitors you are using ? (presume with>Wideview).>Hessel OostI have an 18" lcd for the pilots display, 15"lcd for eicas, 5"b/w tv for cdu, projector for main display. No wideview yet, just have 6 computers networked together through 100mb switch.Rob