Sign in to follow this  

Greetings

Hello,I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you all (my builder's resource), as I will undoubtedly have many questions as I begin my flightdeck.After 2 years of research, saving money, and convincing the wife (the hardest part), I've started construction on my Boeing Triple 7 and my pedestal is about 50 percent complete. I plan it to be a 2/3 Main Instrument Panel (No First Officer side).I have 3 computers and plan to use Project Magenta.Pentium III, 600MHZ, 256MB RAMPentium III, 400MHZ, 64MB RAM (Laptop, ie. no video acceleration)Pentium II, Not sure of MHZ or RAM but came with Win98 in 1998.I also have access to a first generation Pentium, 166 MHZ, running Win95. (Don't really know what to do with this one).Can anyone help me get started in figuring out which computer to use for what? I would like the front visual on one monitor (projection screen later), and as far as Project Magenta goes, I would like to integrate the PFD/ND, Primary EICAS w/Standby Gauges, and the CDU. I already have the Aerosoft Austrailia MCP.Sorry for being so long-winded. Thanks in Advance for any and all help and once again, Greetings!Russ Tyndall

Guest MikePowell

Welcome, Russ.Good to have you aboard.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Hi russHave a look at the PM docs (download on their site)For every part of their sw is described what the specs are for the PC you run it on.I run MCP.EICASand FMC on a PPro 200 and that is more than enough.The PC running the PFD and ND need accelerated graphics card (openGL)But P2 500 (I use that) is again more than enough.So you see PM does not need high end PC.Use a 100mbit LAN .norbert boschhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Thanks Mike. Your site was one that I have visited numerous times throughout my research!Look forward to talking to you.Russ :-)

>Hi russ>>Have a look at the PM docs (download on their site)>For every part of their sw is described what the specs are for>the PC you run it on.>>I run MCP.EICASand FMC on a PPro 200 and that is more than>enough.>The PC running the PFD and ND need accelerated graphics card>(openGL)>>But P2 500 (I use that) is again more than enough.>So you see PM does not need high end PC.>>Use a 100mbit LAN .>>>norbert bosch>>>http://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.boschNorbert,Do you think I can put that first generation Pentium 166 to use in any way? It's the only system running Win95. All others are XP or win98. I think I've read somewhere that networking 95 to the other operating systems is a pain in the rear end.Russ