Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirPanther

Pro MFD development resumed

Guest AirPanther

After a one year break, I finally started making updates to Pro MFD again. However, many new applications have been released since then. As some of you may have heard, Pro MFD will now be Donationware only. This means that all the synoptic displays will be "pay if you like". However, I don't want to spend hours and hours writing displays if nobody wants to use them.What I need to know is, who is interested in the various pro mfd synoptic displays.The displays that I am currently working on are as follows:B777B747A320B767-400 / B737NG (could easily modify the 777 instruments)If you are seriously considering using these synoptic displays, let me know and I will do my best to get some updates available. The 747-400 seems to be real popular right now, so I'll place some emphasis on that one. The 747 collection will be compatible with Aerosoft's upcoming EICAS selector panel.I can't guarantee that they'll be free forever, but for now there will be no more "Lite" vs "Pro". The "advanced" A320 instruments will now be released with the APU simulation and flight mode integration. I've been holding on to that for about a year, and I hate to see them not going to good use in some of these beautiful simulators!P.S. - for anyone willing to help... I am collecting Just Planes videos (or other cockpit footage) to get a more accurate interpretation of each of these airplanes. If you have any you're willing to part with, it would be a great help! I have just purchased two 777 videos, so I still need ones for the other airplanes.Best regards,RobertPro MFDhttp://www.ProMFD.cjb.net

Guest Salbado

Robert, I have been using your PRO Mfd for my Airbus with a Pivot Pro and would love to see this further developed and linked to the flight phases...I know that Enrico is thinking about some interface here as well but it appears that you have doen some pretty good workable stuff. Regards, Sal

Guest AirPanther

Thanks for the input! I forgot to add a link to Pivot Pro. I know a lot of "Bus drivers" need that.I think you will really like the newest update. The APU startup procedures are based on the real thing. I can't remember the exact steps off hand, but it's something like:Open the APU flapThe APU display becomes active automaticallyapprox. 10 sec. delay for flap to openstart the APUwait for the RPM to spool up"APU Available" indication becomes visible after adequate RPM is reachedpower is now available to systems, and display returns to normal pageLast I remember, all this was working. I will upload everything as soon as I can so you can give it a try!BTW, if you have pictures of your sim running Pro MFD, I'd love to post them with the new web updates.Roberthttp://www.ProMFD.cjb.net

Guest Salbado

I'll get you some fresh pictures...Standby 1.Sal

I've been using your 744 program for a year now. Great to hear about possible updates. I think the program is great, I wish knew something about programming. I don't have any videos, but I have Boeing manuals. I'm sure you already have those though. Looking foreward to your updates.Dustin

Guest AirPanther

Dustin, Thanks man! I really need to get those 747 instruments more functional, especially since that's becoming a hot aircraft for builders. Which manuals do you have? Boeing releases like 10,000+ pages of documentation on each of their airplanes. The maintenance manual for the 777 is over 6,500 pages in length alone!! Then of course there is the systems manual, the FMC manual, the CBT, the POH, the dispatch booklet, etc... Any input you can provide as you go would be great! If you send me photos of your setup, I will include them in the upcoming web update. Is there any particular page you would like me to focus on initially? Sometimes I will sit and stare as I try to figure out what synoptic I want to work on .Regards,Robert

Sorry for the long delay responding, I just got back from holidays. I have the 747 AFM, Continental 777&737 Flight Manuals, and a 777 Flightcrew Training Manual. I'm still unpacking from my move so I don't have my sim setup right now, but I will foreward any pics when it is up and running.Dustin

Guest Ramsberg

Robert,I have a friend that is a certified technician on the 737ng. He has most technical manuals i think. Im borrowing a few of them to get some ideas for my cockpit construction, and it has all kinds of schematics of the hydralics, aircondition, electrical and fuel systems and how it interacts with the cockpit.Im building a 737 sim, so if it can be any help to you, Im happy to scan them for you.RegardsOlle Ramsberg, Sweden

Guest AirPanther

Thank you very much for the offer. I am willing to customize the 777 apps to suit the other Boeing "NG" airplanes. The 767-400 is next, and I have seen 737NG users using it too. If you have information on the displays used in that aircraft, I can make a special version for that aircraft.Does the 737NG actually have MFDs with synoptics, or just digital instruments?Roberthttp://www.ProMFD.cjb.nethttp://www.777Project.cjb.net

Guest Ramsberg

Accoring to the manual, the lower display unit has different display modes depending on choices made on the MFD and special occations that trigger different displays (For example, chapter "Engines, APU Upper/Lower Displays" tells that Secondary engine indicators comes up if:1. when the CDS initialy recieves power2. an engine fails3. engine exceeds normal operating parameters4. choice is made on the MFDEtcetc...(from the 737ng panel description guide)take care !/ Olle R

Guest Dodiano

Oh yes 767-400 is next :-hah !!!

Guest AirPanther

You bet! I need all the info I can get. They are very similar to the 777 instruments, which means it won't take much work. I need to get the 747 instruments upgraded first though .Roberthttp://www.ProMFD.cjb.net

Guest Dodiano

Will get as much as I Can buddy see ya next week!!Take care.Roberto

Hey Robert ProMFD on B767-400 version's coming soon Yippie-yi-Yay!!!! :-jumpy PLEASE LET ME KNOW when it's ready. I wanna to be the first one to download those :-lol