Sign in to follow this  

FSBus: questions

Hi allI'm planing to build a home cockpit using FSBus system. I've read the english manual and some of the forum posts, but a few points remain unclear to me. If someone can clarify these to me I would be grateful.-I've read in a post that FSBus supports 32 controllers. But in the manual it's stated that fsbus assigns CID from 1 to 31, totalizing 31 devices. Another point in the manual says that we can use a CID to a controller who is sending command into FS and the SAME CID to a controller who is receiving status data from FS, making 62 controller boards (31 receiving and 31 sendind) slots available. If that is correct, how do we connect all these boards in FSCom since he has only 4 bus connectors in the Gerber board available from www.fsbus.de? Even if we can only use 31 CID's, the most CID-hungry card is the FSDisp card who takes 6 CID's per bus connector making use of 6*4=24 CID's only. How to use the remaining 7 ID's? Do we have to make use of some kind of "extension"?If I misunderstood all of these things above, how FSBus handles CID's and how many in total (sending and receiving CID's) can I use?-Looking into manual and FSKey.zip file, it was not very clear if one FSKey board takes 1 CID, or 1 key takes 1 CID. In my view, Each PIC take one CID, making all 64 keys (max number possible) to be under the command of just one CID. Is that correct?-Is FSad card fast enought to deal with active axis (elevator/aileron/rudder/throttle) of FS, without lag in the commands?Thanks to all who have spended some time reading my post,Best wishes and clear skies to all of us,M

He He!That's ok volante... thanks for the answer... The "clouds" are finally dissipating here!Now, if anyone know what the manual said about using same CID's for two cards, one sending other receiving, that would be nice...And a final question: will FSBus support FS2004ACOF provided that a FSUIPC compatible version is available to the sim???Best regards to allM

Guest Glenn Weston

Hi Melo, I also read that somewhere too about using the same CID on a input card along with an output card but have never tested it here as to date I have only experimented with output cards....the LED & Display cards, am waiting on my knitters to build the Key card.FSBus with FS2004 simply rest's on the development of FSUIPC which in this version will be payware, thats if Pete continues with the project, he's copping alot of flack at the moment for going payware but we need to support him what ever the decision, he has supported us for a long time now, his little program has given me many enjoyable hours online flying & it will be well worth paying for just for that alone, plus FSBus will need it too & lots of other goodies we use in the cockpit.Cheers Glenn.