Sign in to follow this  

Help with dimensions

Hi everyone!Guess I'm kinda new here but maybe someone can clarify something for me.I want to start roughing out a frame to start building a 777 pit.I checked out both CSI and AGT to plan on the panels I want to get but am confused because they list very different sizes and I don't know which one is correct.CSI's EFIS panel is 120mm x 73mm.AGT's EFIS panel is 127mm x 88.9mmHow do I figure out which one is the right size? Is there a web site to go to that just has all these dimensions from the real aircraft?Any help guys ?ThanksJohn

In my opinion CSI and flightdeck solutions are more accurate in their panel sizes. I have the 747-400 panels from FDS and they are within mm's of the real thing. As for websites with dimmensions Im only aware of one for the A320 and 767 but Im sure other 777 builders will be able to help.The best advice I can give is to buy your panels from one supplier and in that way you will keep everything to the same scale and colour.CheersGaz

Thanks Gaz,I looked on the FDS site, but couldn't find any dimensions for their panels. John

Guest MikePowell

John,www.simpit.de might be of interest to you.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders

Thanks Mike,I've seen their site and your great site too!After all this, I think CSI just made a mistake with their dimension, or they are quoting a standard dimension.If I take a panel scan of say the 777 MCP and underlay it with Autocad, then set the width at around 17", the height doesn't match their 73mm. The dimension is more like the dimension that AGT gives.Wish there was a place I could go and just take the dims myself.Anybody know much about the USAF Museum at Dayton Ohio?I looked at their site, but can't tell if they have any heavies...only fighters.Someone else sent me an e-mail, and said that Boeing themselves could give me the dims, but I don't know about just coming out and asking them?John

Guest MikePowell

John,The Air Force Museum at Dayton is pretty much military aircraft. There are heavies there, but they tend to be bombers like a B-36. Most displays are closed. You can't get into them to make measurments. That doesn't mean it's not worth the visit, though. They were in the process of adding a new hangar last summer. Perhaps it's open now.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Hi John, my site http://projetb777.free.fr will perhaps be of some help to you. There are drawings and sizes of my own B777 cockpit (links "le pedestal" and "le tableau principal" on the home page) The site is in french and the sizes in millimeters, but it may be useful however. Claude Kieffer

Hi Claude,Wow. Great work you are doing on that sim.Thanks, there are a few dimensions I can use.Whose panels are you using?Guess I'll have to brush up on my high school french though.Thanks again.John

Hi Mike,What do you think of the airshow at Oshkosh ?I was thinking of going to that one, just don't know how many planes I would be interested in there.Maybe there is more access to cockpits though.J-

Hi again John, I am using the FlightDeck Solutions panels, I bought them first and designed the cockpit according to their sizes. I am totally satisfied with those panels, and I think they are pretty accurate. Claude Kiefferhttp://projetb777.free.fr

Hi Claude,If it wouldn't be too much of a bother...Could you just measure your MCP and tell me what the overall height and width is. I just want to compare all my notes and make as accurate a frame as possible.Thanks muchJohn

Hi John, Dimensions of the FDS panels (not of the Aerosoft MCP that I am using): MCP itself: 383 x 85 mmDisplay Select Panel: 90 x 85 mm2 EFIS 120 X 85 mm ea. The inside size of the MCP "box" is 717 x 85 mm Claude Kiefferhttp://projetb777.free.fr

how about the MIP guys... could you help us?Thanks