Sign in to follow this  
oal331

Newone in Fsbus Amazing World!

Hi,i'm a new user of fsbus2 and i'm looking to make my own PCBs to start making small add-ons for my FS. But i have many-many questions as tonight i made some tests with only the s/w with Fs2002, simulating in this way the router with cids and rotary encoders, switches etc.1)My first question is what the differnce between rotary1 & 2?The Rotary1 is a potentiometer and the Rotary2 an encoder? IF no, can i use rotery encoders?2)Using a rotary2 (in fsbus2 version) i can change (increase/dicrease) the decimal values (in step 25) for the stby Nav1 from .50 to .52 etc.I use also another rotary2 with step 1000 to change the digits before the decimal, but when chenging a value with decimals, it works fine for the firsts but rounds also the decimals (i.e 114.40 changes to 115.00)3)How can i handle the XPNDR? There is many digits to increase/dicrease, so i need to chenge every digit seperately. Also i need up & down limits as in XPNDR there is no 8 & 9 digit, (but also in my tests increasing values i get some characters/symbols !!)4)If i will use a rotary encoder with pushbutton can i make the following actions:a) i.e Speed : With rotary turns to change the mcp speed in 10s knots(140,150,160....) and bu pushing the intergrated pushbutton to change the step and incrase/dicrease in 1 knot (141,142,143,....)b)In the same logic as above to use two rotery encoders with pushbuttons for 4 digits XPNDR changes. The left one handle the first 2 digits and the right one the last 2 digits5)I also want to simulate the autothrottle & autopilot disenage fuctions, so i want when disengaging the autopilot from my yoke's button to switch off also the autpilot's switch from MCP. Do i need a servo mechanical module, or is another way to toggle these switches off?6)Which systems i need to handle the PM's FMC to import data from a custom made FMC/Keyboard? How can i emulate the keyboard? Is a reason to choose a Hangstrom KEyboard Encoder instead FSbus?7)At the end....., is there any manual in English please? It's better to read it first, so do not disturb you, with many questions :-)Thanks a lotEddieAthens-Greece

Hi Norbert.Any chance of translating that PDF to English?Thanks,Jim Brown

Thanks Rafael. I already have those documents downloaded. I was looking for an English translation of the schematic that Nobert showed hooking up a rotary encoder to FSBus. At least I think that's what he was showing.Jim

Hi Jim,i was lucky to find someone who tranlated for me the REDec0.9 pdf file. There is a description about the necessity of this circuit to "translate" the rotary encoders for the FsBus.So with this every left or right turn of the rotary, it gives equivalent "key presses" to FsBus Key. So there is a simulation that you don't have rotary, but a pushbutton for right turn and another for left turn, (increase - descrease values ie for altitude etc)The circuit needs a +5Volt input, that you can have it from FsCom and has 3 outputs to connect to FsKEyI hope to help you, i don't have mine circuit ready to test it yet, anyone who make it first can make a post about it.I'm wondering for the speed that the values are changing and if there are dropped key presses.Eddie