Sign in to follow this  

I m looking for website address...

Guys I am looking for website address where they sell aircraft parts. Actually, I am looking for some kind of company that sells yoke, rudder pedals, radio: overhead; and/or instrument panel switch knobs. If anyone know any website please let me know.

Guest TOMCAT

Hi Arthur,could you specify your request, please? Don't think you're looking for the usual stuff manufactured by PFC, Elite, Flightdecksolutions et al., because I have to assume that you know them yet.I think you must be out for salvaged parts of real aircraft, right? I've just tried a Google search with the keywords "salvaged aircraft parts" and it brings up a plethora of links to various sites.One of my favourite sites - I'm more into GA - iswww.aircraftspruce.comThey're especially great for smallparts (pushbuttons, switches, etc.) and not too expensive.CU Thomas :-wave

Thomas, Well, I am not into GA aircrafts, I am more of into big birds such as commerical airlines. Sorry if I am not giving out any enough details. The Boeing Style parts such as switch knobs (Center pedestal, Overhead Pedestal, and MIP); Rudder pedal; and Yokes (B757 and above). Unfortunately, I have contacted with Aircrafts Spruce before, and they do not carry any boeing parts, only GA aircrafts.

>I have>contacted with Aircrafts Spruce before, and they do not carry>any boeing parts, only GA aircrafts.Maybe there are not that many Boeing 757 experimental builders in the field? :-)Anyway, some urls come to mind:www.flypfc.com - for yokes, pedals and pretty much everything, probably limited only on how far your budget stretches..www.goflight.com - radios etc panels - not exactly "scale look" (somewhat bulky and big IMHO, but functionally probably awesome) - and some people have just retrofitted the electronics on a custom panel which solves that problem if you absolutely need a full scale look.www.flightdecksolutions.com - Peter Cos's bold effort that started as an innocent home cockpit project idea just like yours and then got away :-) - and grew into a very cool producer of scale replica panels for a big range of aircraft. Beyond my budget, but definitely the way to go for a big bird..Um, I am sure there are others too. Those came into my mind right away, and I guess you might be familiar with them already, but I hope the list is useful.I think a home cockpit project is always a compromise between looks, price and time constraints. And my experience is that functionality and "having the knobs where they should be" is way more important than the very correct paint tone of the panels or the exact font used for lettering.. You dont really spend time admiring the panel design and your custom molded knobs while you fly, right? Or at least my own project exists to be flown :-) Good looks dont hurt, but my experience is that the actual feeling and placement of stuff is more important.Tuomas

Tuomas,>Maybe there are not that many Boeing 757 experimental builders in >the field? :-)You re right. who would want to spend billon dollars to do experiment on B757? As matter of fact, B757 and up is still young today and most of them aren't retired as of yet. This would make it harder to find parts on B757/ 767 unless somebody is lucky enough to obtain those at Boeing industries.> I think a home cockpit project is always a compromise between >looks, price and time constraints. And my experience is that >functionality and "having the knobs where they should be" is way >more important than the very correct paint tone of the panels or the >exact font used for lettering.. You dont really spend time admiring >the panel design and your custom molded knobs while you fly, right? :-LOL I can't disagree with you and I understand your point of view. But the exactness and the attention to every concievable details would have fulfill my dream. Likely, I could get to fly on the real one. If you could try do some exactness on your cockpit, you'd be proud! Anyway, I found someone who could sell me rudder, and someone who can do carving on my yoke, but still not find someone who can sell knobs for panels. Wish me luck!