Sign in to follow this  

Help on KE72

Hello All,I need advice to set-up my first ke72.Basically, I ma wondering what kind of switch I should use.I just picked up 2 togle switchs for testing and they have 2 connectors.Do I need to wire each connector to an input on the ke72? (I use the IOx36 board )What about the ground connection? Do I need switchs with 3 connectors (on, off, ground)?Can I connect only 1 connector to the KE72 ? For example only the on connector of the switch?Any help is greatly appreciated.thanks.Nicolas

Hi Nicolas.Go to http://www.simpits.org & click on The Hagstrom KE72 Leyboard Encoder review by Roy Coates. That will get you going. If not ask some more questions & somebody will answer them.Regards,Jim

Hi Nicolas,>Do I need to wire each connector to an input on the ke72? (I>use the IOx36 board )For a two connector switch: yes, one connector goes to the GND of the IO36 and the other to a terminal of the IO36For that terminal you can define the key you want in the config file. Say it's terminal 4 and you want to produce a 'W' when making the contact, it reads:IN04:[w]If you want a real toggle you can add another definition to the config file for when the switch is released by stating:IN04|[w]>What about the ground connection? Do I need switchs with 3>connectors (on, off, ground)?Yes, in electronics you always need a ground ;-) ,but also for switches with 2 poles you can use one pole as ground, see my answer above. With 3 pole switches, the middle connector goes to the GND of the IO36 and for the other two connectors you have the choise of defining two different behaviors, one for each position, like:IN04:[w]IN05:[y]or you just leave one connector empty, and for the other connector you do the same as with a 2 connector switch. The choice is yours... >>Can I connect only 1 connector to the KE72 ? For example only>the on connector of the switch?No, that won't work... Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nl