Sign in to follow this  

Athlon XP and FS2k2 work together like wonder

Just built my new system the other dayAthlon XP 2000+ECS K7S5A motherboardWin2000 sp3GeForce3 Ti200256 DDR RAMI set ALL the details to maximum and FS2002 runs PERFECTLY smooth! I get around 40fps with the chopper in Chicago. AMD ROCKS!!

Guest Joshieca

Cool...now add a ton of extras, like more clouds, lots of AI aircraft, new airport layouts and textures, new city landscapes, etc....and watch your cpu heat up and your frame rates go down! :-lol

If you would care to share, what are your settings within the Nvidia graphics world (e.g. NVMax, Rivatuner, etc.)? I have tons of FS2K2 stuff loaded on my system (Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB RAM, Ti4600)and my system is runs fairly smooth at 19 FPS (locked). My goal was to get little variation in the FPS from the locked value. 19 FPS seemed to be the magic number that worked for me.I am wondering how you tweaked your graphic card settings to find that magic combination that had the most impact on performance. I turned Anti-Aliasing off all together, and it runs absolutely fine and looks great. Anxious to have your feedback. Somehow, I always feel there is just one more tweak I can find to make the system work better. Keith